Lots of kids love bananas as a snack, but there are so many other ways to incorporate this fantastic fruit into snacks that the kids will adore.
Packed with health benefits for kids, bananas are a great way to naturally sweeten cakes, muffins, ice cream and desserts for the whole family.
Check out our 10 KID FRIENDLY banana recipes that will keep little people full until their next meal.
Gooey Banana Choc Chip Cake
Overripe bananas are ideal for this recipe. It’s sure to bring a smile to the face of any child as they open their lunchbox. And the hidden healthy chickpeas make it even more filling.
Strawberry and Banana Ice Cream
At this time of year when berries are abundant, this sweet and light dessert can be affordable as well as delicious. Just whip it up in the blender and tuck in.
Frozen Banana Bites
Just four ingredients is all you need, and the whole family will love these. Why not make a double batch and keep the leftovers tucked away in the freezer?
Breakfast Banana Split
Dessert for breakfast? Yes please! With no added sugar, and just a handful of simple ingredients, you can have a less stressful breakfast with this tasty recipe.
Banana Honey Mini Lunchbox Muffins
Want a quick recipe to use for the lunchboxes all week? These 15 minute banana honey mini lunchbox muffins are ideal. Just 6 ingredients and 15 minutes cooking time is all you need.
No Bake Choc Banana Fudge
Unlike traditional fudge, which is loaded with butter and sugar, this healthy version is sweetened with fruit and just a small amount of maple syrup. The kids will love helping to make this no-bake treat.
Freezable Banana Bread
This recipe makes 12 pieces and also freezes well, so you could also freeze individual slices so that you always have healthy snacks on hand. You could also pop some in the kid’s lunchbox too as it is nut free.
Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream
Just two ingredients is all you need to make this delicious, creamy treat that tastes like rich, indulgent ice cream. You can even use just the bananas if anyone in your family is not a fan of nuts – it will still taste delicious.
Banana Yoghurt Muffins
Swap pre-packaged, processed foods for wholesome, homemade alternatives, like these delicious muffins! Nut free so perfect for little ones for school.
Choc Mint Banana Pops
As the weather warms up, prepare these healthy ice creams instead of buying them from the shop. Use nice ripe bananas for this one (the green food colouring is optional, but lots of fun).
Pre-order our Kids BANANA Smoothie!
The Healthy Kids Smoothies have been specially made as a healthy snack for kids and is ideal if you have fussy eaters or want to ensure your children have a nutritious and healthy smoothie snack. It also has a 4.5 Health Star Rating when made with skim milk. It contains NO added sugars.
The sugar content in The Healthy Kids Smoothie is from NATURAL sugars from the lactose in the milk and is FREE from added sugars. WHO recommend aiming for 5% added sugars in the diet and this product provides NO added sugar.
- The Healthy Mummy Kids Smoothie is rich in carbohydrates and protein and is a natural energy packed smoothie made for kids.
- It contains 16 essential vitamins and minerals and when combined with milk, provides children with 50% of their Calcium RDI.
- It also contains probiotics needed for healthy guts.
What do you need to know about The Healthy Kids Smoothie
- It is a nutritious snack made for kids
- It contains probiotics
- It contains 16 Vitamins and minerals
- It contains NO artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours, preservatives or MSG in the product
- It is rich in protein
- It contains NO added sugar
- It contains 16 Vitamins and minerals – when combined with milk
The product contains dairy (the base of the smoothie) and a small amount of soy (within d-alpha-tocopheryl).
The product does not contain any ingredients derived from gluten, fish, eggs, nuts or sulphites. However the factory in which the product is made does store and manufacture these products but they are not produced on the same line.
For MORE delicious recipes join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a weight loss program and healthy eating plan designed by mums FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and weight.
Check out our Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge video below.
NEXT CHALLENGE STARTS MONDAY!
When you join our Challenge, you have access to:
- Customisable meal plans & personalised shopping list
- 3,500 exclusive recipes plus 100 NEW ones each month
- Realistic menus – no food groups cut out
- 28 days of time efficient routines (no gym needed) – with videos
- Fortnightly fitness tests to measure your progress
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Pelvic floor & muscle separation exercises provided