Healthy Chicken Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti bolognese has a bit of a reputation for being an unhealthy dinner option but with this chicken spaghetti recipe, you can make it healthier than usual.
Spaghetti bolognese has a bit of a reputation for being an unhealthy dinner option but if you make it with chicken mince or even vegetarian mince, you can make it even healthier than usual, Here at the healthy mummy, you don’t need to worry we have a healthy a delicious chicken spaghetti bolognese recipe for you!
- 1 400 g tin tomatoes
- 200 ml beef stock
- 450 g chicken mince
- 1 Onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200 g thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp oil
- 300 g wholemeal spaghetti
- Cheese to serve
- Finely chop the onion, carrot, celery stick and garlic clove so that they are all the same size and very finely diced.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chopped vegetables until softened and sweet.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for two minutes, then add the chicken mince and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, mushrooms, dried herbs, basil, salt and pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook for at least one hour. Remove the bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Serve the sauce tossed with the spaghetti and sprinkle cheese over the meal if you like.
This recipe makes 4 servings. Calories per serve – 503