If you’re serious about losing weight, it’s important to plan for healthy snacks to get you through your day. You don’t want to feel deprived either, so having some really yummy low-calorie snacks prepped and ready to go will ensure you stay on track with your weight loss goals.
Plus, in this current climate where grocery costs are on the up, you don’t want to be spending a fortune on ingredients for expensive snacks that are going to blow out the family shopping bill. We want low calorie AND low budget snacks!
That’s exactly where the Healthy Mummy can help! As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge we design meal plans with main meal and snack recipes for you that are not only healthy and delicious but also budget friendly.
We’ve pulled together 10 delicious and healthy snack recipes that are all under 60 cents per serve. In fact, some are as low as 25 cents per serve!
Check them out here
10 Healthy Low Calorie AND Low Cost Snacks
1. Peanut Bubble Crunch $0.28 and 128 calories per serve
This is a super popular snack for kids and adults alike! With rice bubbles, peanut butter and chocolate, you won’t believe this a healthy snack and just 124 cals per serve.
2. Cookie Dough Bliss Balls – $0.25 and 82 calories per serve
These really do taste as good as they sound! With quality wholesome ingredients like almond meal, raw honey, and coconut oil, this will be a snack you’ll want to make again and again.
3. Banana and Strawberry Bread – $0.60and 163 calories per serve
This is a great recipe to make in bulk, slice and store in the freezer for a delicious snack when cravings strike.
4. Simple Panna Cotta – $0.57 per serve
This two ingredient dessert or snack is an absolute winner! No wonder mums rave about it. Change the flavour of the jelly and play around with different toppings to suit your tastes.
5. Savoury Spaghetti Bites – $.60
Love a savoury snack rather than a sweet one? Then you’ll love these spaghetti bites. They’re super easy to make with some left over spaghetti and you can mix and match with ingredients to suit your tastes.
6. Weetbix Balls – $0.25 and 157 calories per serve
A twist on the ever popular Healthy Chocolate Weetbix Slice, this recipe comes in ball form and makes for the perfect low calorie and low cost snack.
7. Chocolate Coconut Slice – $0.40 per serve
If you’re needing a mid morning or afternoon pick me up, then this yummy chocolate coconut slice is for you! And best of all it won’t ruin your weight loss plans.
8. Frozen Vanilla Fudge – $0.47 and 293 calories per serve
This is like a dairy free ‘ice cream’ alternative. Whats mroe, this frozen vanilla fudge only has four ingredients. Having a batch in the freezer means you’ll always have healthy snacks on hand.
9. Coconut Berry Ice Blocks – $0.38 and 74 calories per serve
OMG yum! This recipe couldn’t be simpler to knock together and keep in the freezer for a low sugar snack on a warm day. The kids will love them too!
10. Snickers Protein Balls $0.20 and 168 calories per serve
This high protein snack is really filling and the perfect go-to when cravings hit. This recipe makes 10, so why not freeze some for a quick and easy snack to grab throughout the week?
Save money on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!