Apologies in advance for showing up for our coffee date dishevelled, dirty and horribly late.
Turns out, having a new baby and making it out the door on time cannot co-exist. And here are 15 reasons why:
Blame the adorably cute infant
Punctuality becomes a thing of the past when you become a parent. It’s not that you want to be late for every engagement, event and appointment; it’s just that it’s hard not to.
Late again? Here’s why:
On any given day, you most likely have at least five of these excuses to choose from when asked, why are you late?
1. Because the baby, who has been napping every day for the past two months from 9am to 10am, decided he would refuse his morning sleep and fall asleep at 11am, 15 minutes before you are expected at an appointment.
2. Because all of your decent looking shirts have baby spew on them. And you can’t decide which pyjama shirt to pass off as normal attire.
3. Because attempting to get dressed while cradling a hungry infant takes time. And serious stamina.
4. Because baby socks have a mind of their own – seriously!
5. Because it’s only logical to check your nappy bag 101 times before actually leaving the house, just to make sure you didn’t forget anything.
6. It’s also logical to forget your phone and have to return inside to hunt for it ($10 it’s either in the fridge or in the washing machine basket. Just a hunch).
7. Because, according to your infant, getting placed into a car seat is code for “vomit all over everything” in baby language.
8. Because you can’t leave the house without a coffee. Even if this means driving off with the coffee mug on the top of the car and having to pull over to retrieve it three blocks later. This is likely to happen to you phone too.
9. Because driving from Point A to Point B is utterly impossible for your baby who is ravishingly hungry and cannot go another second without a mid-highway feed.
10. Because after said mid-highway feed, your baby decides it’s only fair to share half of his meal with your shirt. And thus you are in need of a quick detour back home to find an alternate outfit.
11. Because, as soon as you turn off the engine, baby falls asleep in the seat. And you’re left sitting in the car park deciding whether to wake the baby or relish in the five minutes of silence.
12. Because, once you have arrived at your destination, you discover there are no car parks available.
13. Because reverse parallel parking is IMPOSSIBLE TO DO in 15 tries or less.
14. Because the “super-easy-to-open-pram” is proving to be a LYING PIECE OF BABY JUNK that won’t open in one easy movement. Thus you’ve spent 25 minutes cursing under your breathe before giving up on the pram and just carrying your baby.
14. Because walking into your appointment is the ideal time for baby to do a massive poo. And for it to leak everywhere.
So, which reason will it be today?
The good thing about attempting outings with a new baby is that it does prepare new mums for the fact that they will probably never be on time for anything, EVER AGAIN. Because once your little one reaches the toddler stage, you can expect the time spent searching for shoes, complaining about having to pee and packing multiple snacks in case he decides he’s hungry on the way to multiply tenfold.
And, if you ever need an excuse as to why some day, new mums have a hard time even getting dressed, then have a check out why new mums get nothing done.
Are you a tired new mum in need of an energy boost?
As busy mums we’re all about healthy shortcuts. As such we’ve created a way for you to get a shot of energy-boosting superfoods into your body by barely lifting a finger. You’re welcome!
We’ve managed to pack 37 ingredients from real food sources into our amazing Super Greens. Our ultimate aim is to give busy mums an energy lift. Most of all, breastfeeding mums don’t miss out because it’s one of a few on the market that’s breastfeeding friendly.
Made In Australia For Our Mums
Super Greens is made in the laid-back NSW town of Byron Bay. It’s been put together using some of the world’s most incredible superfood ingredients.
This product is high in spirulina; which has been labelled the most nutrient dense food on the planet. Super Greens also contains probiotics.
The whole foods that go into Super Greens are natural sources of vitamins and minerals and are an easily digestible blend.
What it doesn’t contain is any dairy, sugar or gluten and it’s vegan friendly.
A powerful energy boost
When you’re conscious of what you’re putting into your body, you need to make every mouthful count. This is why this amazing powder punches well above its weight.
A snapshot of how powerful Super Greens is, this product…
- has 56 more times the vitamin B12 of a beef steak.
- contains the same calcium as three serves of cheese.
- contains the iron of 12 cups of spinach.
- has the vitamin C equivalent of 1.4kgs* of oranges.
- has 11 times more iron than red kidney beans.
- contains 50 times more vitamin B12 than an Atlantic salmon.
- has 11 times more vitamin C than 100ml of orange juice.
- contains as much calcium as one litre of milk.
- has the same vitamin C as half a kilo of red capsicums.
- has as much B12 as 77 eggs.
- contains four times as much calcium as almonds.
Super Greens Can Help Keep Immune System Strong
Dr Ross Walker says spirulina is one of the most potent natural stimulants of the immune system.
“Not only does it help fight infections, it also keeps your immune system strong and functioning normally in all situations,” he says.
And getting this much goodness into your diet is as easy as adding a 10g serve of Super Greens into water or your favourite The Healthy Mummy smoothie.
Busy mums, now is the time to stop making excuses and make sure you’re getting your greens! Get your Super Greens mix here.