While staying inside is extremely important to help ‘flatten the curve’ during their coronavirus pandemic, it can be quite boring!
Here are some top tips on how to keep yourself and your family entertained if you’re feeling holed up indoors and going a bit stir crazy!
1. Watch the movies you’ve been meaning to on Netflix
Including all the long films you’ve been putting off like The Irishman.
2. Get through your Kindle book list
It’s a good excuse to knuckle down and read.
3. Learn to knit
Make the kids some hats for winter.
Check out our Mind. Body. Breath sessions on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
5. Learn how to play an instrument
You can always order an instrument and learn how to play it at home. As long as it doesn’t annoy the neighbours!
6. Have a pamper day
At home, of course! Check out our AMAZING Healthy Mummy SKIN collection for lotions, epsom salts and face masks.
7. Complete a jigsaw puzzle or play board games
Dust off your old puzzles and board games like Jenga.
8. Spring clean your house
Clean the oven, dust the fans and wash the windows. Now’s your chance!
9. Sort through all of your wardrobes
Colour co-ordinate your clothes or organise your outfits.
We have a HEAP of delicious recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
11. Catch up with friends and loved ones
Skype, FaceTime, What’sApp video call. The options are endless.
12. Do some gardening
Try planting your own veggies or trim the hedges.
13. Throw out your old make-up
Get rid of your old blushers and eyeshadows and wash your brushes.
14. Make a pile of things to donate to the op shops
Clear out all the things you don’t use and put them in a pile to take to the op shops when they open again.
15. Sort out your finances
Do your banking and pay off your debt if you can.
16. Learn a language
Always wanted to speak Spanish? Now’s your chance to learn.
17. Organise your pantry
Get your pantry in order so you know what’s inside.
18. Get fit
Gym closed? No excuses, get fit with our at-home exercises on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
19. Build a fort with your kids
Use old cereal boxes and pillows and take the afternoon to play with your kids.
20. Learn origami
21. Paint your own nails
Nail salons are closed so practice your technique.
22. Get lots of sleep
Every night can be an early night! Your body will thank you for it.
23. Pickle some food
Try preserving some of your veggies by pickling them in vinegar.
24. Re-arrange your furniture
Change your front room around.
25. Make your own clothes
Now’s your chance to darn your socks or sew the straps that have torn on your summer dresses. You could even try and be a bit more adventurous and make a dress or T-shirt from scratch.
26. Do yoga
Get your kids involved as well.
27. Make a list of life goals
Now you have time to think about what you really want in the future. Where to go and what to do.
28. Plan out a menu for the week
Make a list of each meal you’ll be making each day. You can make meal plans on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
29. Take an online class
Study something you’ve never done before but always been interested in doing.
30. Make your own cards
Make your own thank you and birthday cards.
31. Put together a playlist
Make your own self-isolation playlist.
32. Make a music video
Get your kids involved in this one as well.
33. Do some painting
Paint the flowers in your garden or do a self-portrait.
34. Make play dough with your kids
All you need is flour, water and food colouring.
35. Visit the zoo via live stream
Can’t leave your house? You can still live stream feeding time at the zoo on Instagram in some places.
36. Have an indoor picnic
Have lunch on a picnic mat in your living room.
37. Make your own pizza
Your kids will love choosing their own toppings.
38. Listen to a Facebook Live book reading
Lots of celebrities are doing this now!
39. Make a vision board using old magazines
Because, why not?
40. Frame some pictures
It’s time to sort out your phone photos and get your favourite ones up on the wall.
41. Start writing a diary
It may help organise your thoughts and feelings.
42. Have more baths
You’ve all the time in the world now for a nice long soak.
43. Learn one of Beyonce’s dance routines
You’ve always wanted to be a professional dancer, maybe now you can be!
44. Camp in your backyard / balcony
Put up a tent in your backyard and pretend you’re somewhere else.
45. Learn how to make a complicated recipe
If you’re stuck for ideas, we have a heap of recipes on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
46. Make a cardboard fort
Use up all your old cereal boxes.
47. Watch your favourite series in its entirety
Time to watch Sex and the City from start to finish!
48. Pluck your eyebrows
Be careful with this one! But if you do wrong, it doesn’t matter – it’ll grow back by the time self-isolation is over.
49. Make your own juice or lemonade
Always wanted to but never knew how? Now is the time.
50. Write a book
You now have time to work on that novel you’ve been planning to.
51. Make puppets
One way to use up the cardboard from your toilet paper rolls.
52. Have a treasure hunt
Hide treats around the house and get your kids to find them.
53. Make your own jewellery
Pasta jewellery is always fun.
54. Match your socks up
Sort out that sock drawer!
55. Learn interesting facts about things
You’ll be in with a chance for winning the meat raffle when the local pub quiz resumes.
56. Start a virtual book club
Get your friends involved.
57. Bird watch
Check out what wildlife is coming into your backyard.
58. Make your own hand-sanitiser
Here’s how you can make your own hand-sanitiser.
59. Join an online playgroup
There are a heap on YouTube with a activities to do and songs to sing.
60. Brush up on your spelling
Now you have no more excuses for getting confused between their and there!
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has everything you need to stay fit and healthy! Join today!
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, customisable weight loss program PROVEN to help mums reach their weight loss goals.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!