I adore calamari and it is a food which you can easily buy and keep in the freezer. This Calamari Cous Cous Recipe is a little inspired by Spanish paella.
It is incredibly nutritious if cooked in the right way (i.e. not deep-fried). It is high in iron and B vitamins as well as omega 3 fatty acids.
It is also very quick and easy to cook hence why I wanted to share this delicious recipe you could eat on a weight loss diet too.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Calamari Recipe: Ingredients
- 400 grams of calamari (if frozen defrost pre-cook)
- 2 cups of cooked wholemeal cous cous
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 cans of diced or crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup of diced pitted olives (black or green)
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbs of oil
Calamari Recipe: Directions
- Cook the cous cous as per the packet instructions and set aside.
- In a hot pan, heat the oil and pan fry the crushed garlic.
- Add in the chopped zucchini and capsicum and heat through and slightly soften.
- Add in the calamari, olives, canned tomatoes and paprika. Bring to a boil and then lightly simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the mixture add in your cous cous and red onion and lightly toss through to serve.
295 calories per serve
Our best selling 28 DAY DIET & EXERCISE PLAN which is now available in a PRINTED & GLOSSY 84 PAGE BOOK comes with a FREE COPY OF OUR WINTER WARMER PLAN which is perfect for the cooler weather! You can preview the book ($39.95) and plan here
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe if you are breastfeeding