A favourite soup in many families. This Asian inspired soup is delicious and nutritious.
A great healthy recipe that is DIRECT from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is EASY to pre-prepare so you have a healthy dinner organised ahead of time.
Easily increase the ingredients to serve the whole family or to have leftovers that can be frozen or refrigerated for another meal.
Ingredients (Makes 1 serve – use the app customiser to increase serve size)
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (2.5 mls)
- 1/4 brown onion (25 grams)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (75 grams)
- 1 cup liquid chicken stock, salt reduced (250 mls)
- 100 grams of chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or tinned (20 grams)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (5 grams)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk of choice (100 mls)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (5 grams)
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan. Finely chop the onion. Cook onion over low heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and continue cooking for another minute or two.
- Add stock and sliced chicken breast, bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through, then add corn kernels and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with a little milk to dissolve and then add to pan with remaining milk. Heat and stir to thicken slightly. Do not let it boil.
- Stir in chopped parsley and serve.
Get over 3,000 recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges run. It is like having a chef, personal trainer and motivator in your pocket-and everything is budget friendly
Take part in our Challenges HERE.