Cooking fresh prawns is fresh, healthy and delicious – and prawns are great for including in your Healthy Mummy healthy eating plan as they are packed full of protein and these skewers come in at under 70 calls each
You can also add your own healthy eating extras to the skewers, such as:
- onion chunks
- red capsicum
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
- 100ml light coconut milk
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced chilli
- Zest and juice of 1 lime + 1 lime, quartered for serving
- 2 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 800g prawns, peeled and de-veined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 wooden skewers
- Olive oil spray
- Place the lime juice, zest, coconut milk, garlic, chilli, soy and kaffir lime leaves into a bowl.
- Add the prawns and toss well to combine.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, soak the skewers in water to prevent burning on the BBQ.
- Thread the prawns onto the skewers, discard the leftover marinade.
- Heat the BBQ to med/high and spray with olive oil.
- Cook the skewers for around 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with the extra lime wedges. Click here for another delicious prawn recipes!
Makes: 12. Calories per skewer: 65.
And to see how our weight loss plans work click here
Plus you can see our shop here