This yummy recipe from Janet Cook is a fab one to try out as it will satisfy the biggest sweet tooth without loading up on unhealthy ingredients.
Caramel slice is known for being indulgent, full of fat and loaded with calories and sugar. This version is not only good for you- it tastes amazing!
With healthy fats, unrefined sugars and high protein ingredients, this is a dessert or snack you can enjoy without the guilt!
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dates, soaked in boiling water 15 minutes
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in boiling water 15 minutes
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Line a small, square or rectangular container (approx. 10 x 15cm)
- Mix all ingredients for the base together and evenly press into the base of container.
- Drain and rinse cashews and dates then process with the vanilla until smooth. Add 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup if additional sweetness is required.
- Spread caramel mixture on top of base and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until set.
- Melt coconut oil from the top layer over a low heat. Mix in cacao and maple syrup.
- Pour over the top of the caramel and refrigerate again until set.
- Lift out of the container using baking paper. Slice into 16 squares and store in the refrigerator. Another delicious caramel slice recipe!
95 cal / 458 kj per serve
Take part in the 28 Day Challenge
Don’t delay – join literally THOUSANDS of mums on the challenge with us who lose an average of 4-6kg (8 – 13 pounds) over 28 days – you can read all about it here and see how it works
The 28 Day Challenges will provide you with the skills to make the right decisions when it comes to food choices plus support and tips to make food prep, fitting in exercise, staying motivated and reaching your goals really easy.
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of more results and you can join here too
Claire lost 25kg (55 pounds) on 8 Challenges
Claire says “I have completed every 28 Day Challenge since then and I am thrilled with my results. The recipes are family friendly, budget friendly, convenient and DELICIOUS! As a breastfeeding mother it’s important to me that my milk supply doesn’t decrease due to my diet and I’m so happy to say that I have not had any supply issues.
I’m the fittest and lightest I have weighed in my adult life and I look forward to continuing with Lose Baby Weight as it’s a lifestyle rather than a diet.” Join here
Jodie has lost 35kg (77 pounds) on 11 Challenges
Jodie says “I’ve been a 28-Day Challenge member since its inception in July 2014. The Challenge recipes and customisable meal planner have been integral in my weight loss and weight maintenance. All the tasty recipes make healthy eating exciting and they keep me from getting bored.“ Join here
You won’t regret it!