Meet our GLOBAL SQUAD that together have lost a total of 109 kilos across the globe doing the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
This squad of Healthy Mummy’s across the globe have lost over 23 kilos during the 12 week Global Squad challenge.
US Healthy Mommy, Cindy Siegemund has lost 4 kilos
Cindy, 37, is a mum of 2 children aged 7 and 4. She lives in Michigan USA.
Cindy shares, “I have been following The Healthy Mummy for about 6 years, since my firstborn was 6 months old and I lost 25 kilos. I then had my second child and continued my Healthy Mummy journey losing another 25 kilos. I had managed to maintain my weight loss for a few years until I went through a stressful time after moving internationally and neglecting myself, this resulted in another restart 9 months ago and I have lost 13 kilos.
“My motivation this time round came from a wake-up call at the doctors when I was told I had high blood pressure, after 6 months and losing 20 kilos my blood pressure went back to normal. I am also feeling more energetic and fit plus my confidence has improved.
“During the 12-week global squad challenge I lost 4 kilos and 15cm.”
Cindy’s favourite Healthy Mummy recipes:
- Chilli pork bowl
- Stovetop lasagna
- Chili con carne
- Hidden veggie chicken nuggets
- Chicken & mushroom risotto
- Quick chicken laksa
- Cheesy meatloaf
- Chicken fajitas
- Quick & easy date balls
- Peanut butter cups
- Choc chip banana bread
- Raspberry, pistachio & coconut chocolate thins
All these recipes and many more are available on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Cindy has been using the Healthy Mummy Smoothies for breakfast most days as they are so quick and easy to make.
“Before The Healthy Mummy I used to skip breakfast causing me to go hungry and make bad choices but the smoothies are convenient, taste delicious, give me energy and keep me feeling full all morning.”
Cindy’s top tips for success:
- Set goals (long term and short term). Think about what your weaknesses are and work to combat them. Keep track of your progress with measurements and photos.
- Have a meal and exercise plan that works for you. Swap any meals that don’t excite you and repeat meals to save time and money. Be a little more strict on yourself, say no to fast food and have no excuses to miss exercise.
- Get your family on board. Have the kids in the kitchen helping you and get your husband to choose a couple of meals for the week. Their support will help you stay on track.
Cindy’s motivation tips:
“We all have days when we feel like giving up, I believe that those days you need to focus on your mindset. Clear your head, try and go for a walk or meditate. Write down your goals again and your reason why.
“Look at your progress photos or make a motivation board with photos of you at your goal weight (if you have them) or a goal outfit. For me, it was also a photo of the city where I had a vacation coming up.
“The Healthy Mummy community has helped me stay accountable and motivated. I get so inspired seeing what others are eating and how they stay on track. I have made many friends through the healthy mommy who have helped me get this far on my journey.”
Cindy’s 12 week Global Squad challenge results
Photo on the left taken at the start of the challenge, photo on the right taken at the end of the challenge.
Photo on the left taken at the start of the challenge, Photo on the right taken at the end of the challenge. Goal outfit for the 12 week Global Squad challenge (Jeans).
US Healthy Mommy, Kate Grimmell has lost 6 kilos
Kate Grimmell, 36, is a mum of two boys aged 5.5 and 3.5, she lives in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Kate lost 2 kilos while participating in the 12 week Global Squad challenge.
Since joining The Healthy Mummy in May 2019, Kate has lost 6 kilos, 1 pants size, 11 inches and gained lots of confidence, self-worth and a new understanding of how to properly fuel her body.
Kate shares, “I joined The Healthy Mummy, 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge because I wanted to change my relationship with food. I’ve tried SO many diets in the past few decades and I’ve had some success, but nothing sustainable. The Healthy Mummy has shown me, in such a short amount of time, how to properly fuel my body. It has shown me that I don’t have to limit a food group from my meal plan, that I don’t have to give up chocolate or delicious snacks. That I don’t have to give up pasta or fruit. I don’t have to give up anything! Instead, I eat healthy versions of what I love.
“I wanted to be healthy and happy with my two boys, husband, and dogs, but it’s also because I’m worth it. I lost a lot of who I was, suffering from PPD and PP Anxiety after the birth of both my children.
“Exercise was a HUGE element of returning back to myself and finding mental stability. In that, I’ve discovered how important it is for me to consistently exercise and make myself and my health a priority. I like to include my kids on long walks, bike rides, running around at the park, walking the dogs and even doing at-home workouts with the app in our living room. Love how I’ve rediscovered myself with the help of The Healthy Mummy.”
“I’d like to lose at least another 18 kilos, but more than a number, I really want to get to a place where I’d feel comfortable, completely, in my skin. I’m not after skinny, I’m after healthy and strong.”
Kate’s top tips:
- Meal prep! I really feel that prepping is the key to success. You prep for success. If you have everything planned out and prepped, then you’re reaching for items that are healthy and tracked in your calorie budget already.
- Any exercise counts! All exercise is important, whether it’s a 5-minute workout from the app or an hour run or a 30-minute walk.
- Mental health is so important and exercise decreases the stress hormone, which makes us all happier. Get moving and find your happy 🙂
- Use the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app. The app will meal plan for you. Go in and customise, based on what is in your pantry, fridge, freezer…this will help cut down on grocery bills. After you’ve customised, print off your shopping list.
- Mark your meals on the calendar or print off the overview. You can shuffle things around throughout the week if you need to, sometimes we have more leftovers than planned.
- Use the workouts on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app, stream them to your TV if you can, or do it from your phone. I really feel that there are no excuses for great food choices or workouts when everything is right in the palm of your hand. You’re set up for success with The Healthy Mummy!
“My mental health has got SO much better. I truly know now that I’m worth it and I’m worth the time to workout and take self-care.”
Kate’s favourite Healthy Mummy recipes:
Kate’s motivation advice:
“REMEMBER that you are worth it. When you feel better and workout on a consistent basis, fuel your body correctly and truly understand your value to your family/world you understand how vital it is to take time and to make time for yourself. YOU ARE WORTH IT! Your family is overall happier, you’re a better mama, a better wife, and a better friend when you take care of your mental and physical health.”
Kate also recommends to join The Healthy Mummy community.
“Whenever I’m struggling, I can go online, post questions or get motivation from other mums who are where I’m at. It takes a village or a tribe, and I love mine.”
UK Healthy Mummy, Becki Drewett has lost 22 kilos
Becki, 39, is a mum of three children aged 3 and twins 22 months. She lives in Gloucestershire.
Becki shares, “I have been following Healthy Mummy since July 2018, and have loved every day of it! My journey with Healthy Mummy has facilitated a 22-kilo weight loss with the majority of the weight being lost in the first 12 months.
Becki lost 2 kilos during the 12 week Global Challenge.
“I have had ups and downs in the process but a definite up was joining the Global Team Healthy Mummy Squad Challenge despite an injury which meant I was unable to exercise for 11 weeks I managed to lose 2 kilos and changed around 18 cm across my body by sticking to the Healthy Mummy ethos of following a meal plan that is customised to suit my family while sticking to a sustainable calorie deficit. It was incredible working with Mums cross the globe spurring each other on.
“Since joining in the Healthy Mummy approach my health has improved as following a multiple baby pregnancy I was seriously fatigued from breastfeeding feeding as it took a serious amount of energy, in addition to having a large abdominal gap. So with slowly improving fatigue levels via a healthy diet, I was able to slow and steadily improve my abdominal gap using the Healthy Mummy exercise app for abdominal diastasis.”
Becki’s favourite Healthy Mummy recipes:
Becki shares, “My favourite Healthy Mummy meal that I found via the app is the Lamb, yoghurt and lentils. This is a dish that is so simple, yet I would have never been adventurous enough to try and make a dish with lentils for myself, let alone fussy small people, who now devour lentils! This combined with the glorious tried and tested Snickers mousse, sure satisfies even the darkest moments of cravings for comfort food and chocolate.”
“The Healthy Mummy Smoothies for me are that needed “crutch” when I’m pushed for time, or for replacing meals and snacks when cupboards are bare, avoiding the temptation of eating the children’s snacks. Definitely, my tried and tested, raved about, and posted about, all-time favourite smoothie is the Figgy pudding smoothie; sweet, rich, filling and sumptuous.”
- Make family favourite meals.
- Make life simple: buy frozen veg ie Chopped onions, garlic, chilli and ginger
- Own every meal. Everyone won’t be perfect but they all have a place on your journey.
Becki adds, “My tip for not giving up has always been to post the highs and lows to the Healthy Mummy community page. I have found that being positive to other Mums empowers me to stay positive and keep going.”
UK Healthy Mummy, Amy Adams lost 13 kilos
Amy, 34, from Southampton (UK) is a mum to a four-year-old girl. She has been with The Healthy Mummy since Sept 2018 but only started following properly in Oct 2018.
Amy has lost 13 kilos since she started following The Healthy Mummy.
Amy shares, “I lost 2.5 kilos during 12-week squad challenge and 2 inches from my bust, waist and thighs, 3 from my hips and 1 from my arms
“I find that since following The Healthy Mummy I tend to sleep better, waking less during the night. I also tend to ache in my joints less (apart from when I’ve overdone the exercise!). I also feel like I have a lot more confidence since starting to see my body change shape, and my attitude towards a healthier lifestyle is better… previously when following diets I have felt sorry for myself because of the tasteless/lack of food, there is none of this with Healthy Mummy so I’m genuinely happy when I make good choices or find healthier alternatives.
Amy’s favourite Healthy Mummy recipes:
“I love the Spanish rice with chorizo and One-pot spag bolognese. Mexican lasagne is another winner. For snacks, the Choc chip banana bread made as muffins is a lifesaver for a quick snack, and I love to have either the Choc Weetabix slice or Choc muesli bars as a late night treat!
“I love the Healthy Mummy Smoothies. I genuinely thought they were a gimmick when I joined. I’ve done smoothie / liquid diets before and found them horrible, something to be tolerated in the pursuit of a slim bod! And truth be told, it took me a short while to get used to the taste of the smoothies. But once I started playing with the recipes, and adding in different ingredients I became a bit hooked. 99% of the time I have a smoothie for breakfast now. In fact today I have brought my blender to work because I didn’t want to wake my daughter and the alternative was not having one!”
- Find what works for you. It’s easy to get caught up in the success of others and assume you have to do things exactly the same as them to achieve. I don’t meal plan and that works for me. Instead I pre-prepare food and pick as I go.
- Don’t tell yourself you can’t have things. You can. Lots of people ask on the group, where’s the list of things I have to cut out. There isn’t one. Everything in moderation. Of course if you want to lose weight, a bottle of wine a night isn’t going to help…. But don’t completely deprive yourself of everything you enjoy – you’ll never stick it out.
- Don’t worry if you make some bad choices (deliberately or through emotion). Just make the next choice a good one. You can always start moving forward again but giving up is not going to get you where you need to go.
Amy’s motivation advice:
- Don’t measure your success after a short period of time, a lifestyle change manifests itself over time. Ask anyone on the group and they will say they have had periods where they have seen little change… I tend to think it’s the body catching up
- Giving up is not going to help you achieve your goal. Eating healthier and moving more can only be doing good things, what is to be gained from not doing these things?
- Engage with the Healthy Mummy group, sharing experiences makes it easier to feel good about what you have achieved – you’ll probably realise it’s more than you’d thought.
Amy adds, “The Healthy Mummy community has been probably the most critical factor in my achievements. In my mind, it’s what sets this plan aside from others. Without real people to bounce ideas off of and to help pick you up when you’ve fallen, and exchange shared experiences with, I would have given up long ago. It can be quite isolating being a mum sometimes and healthy mummy really is a useful outreach.”
Australia Healthy Mummy, Emma Mirams lost 16 kilos
Emma, 37, is a mum of three children, a 19yr old step daughter, 5yr old girl and 3 yr old boy. She has been following Healthy Mummy for a over 2 years and has lost 16 kilos.
Emma shares, “I lost the first 6 kilos fairly quickly and then another 6 kilos about 6 months later, then slowly but surely lost a little more but I have been doing a lot of strength training so building muscle which has been more important to me.
During the 12 week Global Squad I lost a total of 2.9 kilos and 8.5cm.
“My mental health has drastically improved. I feel less stressed and sleep better. I have more focus and feel like I am a better mum as I am happier within myself and I am setting a great example to my kids.”
Emma’s Favourite Healthy Mummy recipes:
“I can’t go past Peppermint crisps, Salted Caramel bliss balls, Apple and Zucchini muffins for snacks. Beef San Choy bow and Bacon, Tomato and spinach risotto and Thai chicken meatloaf to name just a few of my favourites.”
“Plan… believe… do it even when you don’t want to.”
Emma’s motivation advice:
“Your future you will thank you for even the smallest changes now. On the hard days focus on a smaller thing…. make it less overwhelming.. because all the small things add up to the big changes.
Emma adds, “Join the Healthy Mummy community. I have gained so many INCREDIBLE friends from different states, who not only inspire me but motivate and encourage me and have become part of my life. The support in the community is like nothing I’d ever seen before… no judging… no nastiness… just true support and encouragement. The Healthy Mummy community is like a family.”
Australia Healthy Mummy, Emma Doolan lost 27 kilos
Emma, 39, lives in Brisbane with her three children aged, 5, 7 and 9. She has been following The Healthy Mummy for 4 years and has lost 27 kilos.
Emma lost 1o kilos during the 12 week Global Squad challenge.
Emma shares, “I have noticed so many benefits on The Healthy Mummy, my life has completely changed. I am now more active, in fear last year I ran a half marathon and plan to run a full marathon next year. My family is much healthier and happier, I am so much happier in myself. We go bike riding, playing football, Parkrun and walking the dog every day, we are now a very active family. I love going to the beach and wearing my bikini now, I have so much more confidence.”
Emma’s favourite Healthy Mummy recipes:
“The Low carb choc peanut butter cups are to die for! So is the Peanut bubble crunch, Raspberry muffins and the Pecan butterscotch slice. The family eats, Mexican lasagna, Easy fried rice, Bacon zucchini slice and Stovetop lasagna at least once a week.”
Emma’s tips for success:
Emma says consistency is the key. “Stay consistent. If you go off the rails that’s fine, it happens to me frequently, but try and get back on the wagon at your next meal, don’t turn an unhealthy meal into an unhealthy week.”
Emma’s motivation tips:
Emma says just keep going!!! “It will happen, it just takes time. Be sure to keep progress photos as they are great to refer back to and see how far you have come.
“Join the Healthy Mummy community! They have helped me enormously! So much support and ideas, always incredibly helpful and supportive.”
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
We’ve proudly helped millions of mums transform their health.
Mums just like you are completely transforming their health and bodies. You can do it too (and it’s easy!)
The mums only 5 star rated app with over 2k reviews in 8 weeks!!
You get unrestricted access to :
● Nutritionist & chef designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted At-home workouts- 28 minutes and under
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 4,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● REAL TIME support from The Healthy Mummy Team and OVER 200,000 other mums