Hi Healthy Mummies! This is my first video for the website and I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself plus show you a new smoothie recipe I am loving. I thought since I have been posting about fibre a lot (here and here) that I would continue the theme.
[pb_vidembed title=”” caption=”” url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhtjasV_cXE” type=”yt” w=”480″ h=”385″]
So today’s smoothie has:
- 2 tbs X chocolate Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix
- 1 tbs LSA (Linseed, Sunflower seed and Almonds) mix. You can buy this from the health food aisle or baking aisle in your supermarket
- 3/4 cup of frozen berries
- 200ml of milk
This smoothie is delicious and incredibly high in fibre.
- The Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix has 6 grams of fibre per serve
- The berries have about 4.5 grams of fibre
- LSA has 6 grams of fibre per tablespoon
Therefore from this smoothie I have created you can get over 16 grams of fibre in one meal! Delicious and nutritious!
Have a look here for some more recipe ideas for your Healthy Mummy Smoothie and post your ideas or favourite one on facebook to share with everybody!
And DONT FORGET our promotion this week with Burt’s Bees lip gloss…who wants to look have jazzy, moist lips!
Hope you are having a happy healthy day ; )
Mandy dos Santos (BSc. Food Science and Nutrition, Grad. Cert. Human Nutrition)
Don’t forget to post me a question on Facebook about food or nutrition so you can read more about what you want to read!