It is raining and pouring in my town and it is cold. All I feel like doing is snuggling up with a DVD, a cup of tea, and maybe a few warm scones.
Here is a healthy scone recipe that is a better option for your weight loss diet.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
- 225grams of Self Raising White flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbs of reduced-fat butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of reduced-fat milk
- 1 tsp of natural sweetener (try Natvia in the supermarket)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, add in the butter and rub it with your fingers to make a breadcrumb mixture.
- Stir in the salt and the natural sweetener.
- Beat the egg with the milk.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture. You do not need to add it all, just a little at a time to make it slightly wet.
- When the mixture comes together, use your hands to bring it together to make a dough. It should be soft but not sticky.
- Put the dough onto a floured surface and pat flat to a thickness of around 2cm.
- Cut into desired shape (round is pretty standard).
- Place on a lined baking tray and cook in a preheated 200-degree oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- For toppings try some crushed strawberries and some reduced-fat yogurt.
180 calories per serve.