For the last few weeks, we have focused on exercise a bit more.
So I thought it might be a nice change to have a food week and focus on some healthy recipes to inspire your healthy eating and weight loss plans.
Tonight I am sharing my menu plan for the week. We have had a crazy weekend with it being a long weekend in NSW so normally my menu plan starts on a Monday, but this week it is on a Tuesday and obviously tonight is Wednesday but this is what we are having regardless.
Not all the recipe links are here yet as I will add them as the week goes along. A bit of teaser really, but it may give you some inspiration.
When I menu plan, I look at the main meal block, say red meat, chicken, legumes or fish and use that as a starter. I then decide on a carbohydrate or grain and then my salad or vegetable option. Of course, sometimes it is all intermixed, and sometimes I don’t have a grain. But generally, I like my meals to be based on this kind of plate proportion.
When I menu plans for the week I always do five meals as I make double or extra on some of the meals so we can eat it for lunch or the next night as leftovers.
This week our menu plan includes:
- Grilled zucchini with corn, cous cous and salad which we ate last night. Check here for the recipe
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber salad and rice
- Lamb chops with a cannellini bean salad
- Black beans and rice (here is the recipe). I cook this nearly every week)
- Pumpkin and spinach frittata with salad (based on this veggie frittata but using roasted pumpkin and frozen spinach)
When I plan I always aim to have:
- 2 vegetarian options a week
- 1-2 options of red meat
- 1-2 option of fish (if I do not have it at night, I often have a tuna salad or something similar for lunch as well)
- Ensure all meals can be kiddified (I have a 3-year-old and a 9-month-old) as I do not cook separate meals
- That there is at least 3 serves of vegetables in every meal
- A range of vegetables over the week
- Wholegrain cereals and grains as side options
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe if you are breastfeeding.