This weight loss recipe for Mint & Feta Chicken Breasts only uses a few, simple ingredients, so is a great dish to prepare on a weeknight when time is in short supply.
The mild, tasty flavours of this recipe mean that it will be a winner with the whole family, from fussy toddlers to picky teens and hungry partners.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (150 grams each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150 grams reduced fat feta cheese
- 15 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 large cucumbers
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cracked Pepper
- Replace the fresh mint with fresh sage
- Substitute the feta cheese for ricotta cheese
- Use turkey breasts instead of chicken breasts
- Heat an oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Crumble the feta cheese into a bowl, and mix together with the mint and cracked pepper.
- Take each chicken breast and cut deeply into the side to create an open pocket.
- Stuff the feta and mint mixture into the pocket and secure the side with a toothpick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the chicken for two minutes on each side, until golden.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to the baking tray and cook in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, use a flat vegetable peeler to finely cut the cucumber into thin, long slithers.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, and serve alongside the finely sliced cucumber.
- As a final touch, squeeze fresh lemon juice both over the chicken and the cucumber and garnish with mint leaves.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 235
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of more results and you can join here too
Tamara lost 37kg* with the 28 Day Challenge
Tamara says: “I know I am definitely enjoying all the tasty, ‘speedy’ meals and enjoying pushing myself with my exercise during the 28 day challenges.
In 12 months my fitness has increased dramatically – 12 months ago I could barely walk to my mailbox without getting puffed, now I can run 6kms, I can run up sand hills and I can push myself harder than ever before.
In 12 months I have gone from wearing a size 18/20 to a size 12/14.”
You won’t regret it!