Here at The Healthy Mummy, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a good meal prep challenge! There’s nothing quite like taking part in a MEGA cook-off to save money and TIME.
As a mum of two… I CERTAINLY appreciate coming home after a long and tiring day to a dinner already PREPARED and just moments away from being ready to go. Yippee!
My name is Rhian and as well as being a busy mum of 2 little young boys – I am also the founder of The Healthy Mummy which I am super proud to say is transforming the lives of millions of mums all over the world.
The Healthy Mummy is a health and weight loss program created for busy mums. The Healthy Mummy began in 2010 when I was pregnant with my first baby!
I was inspired to create a supportive and holistic program for mums!
Now millions of mums around the globe follow our 28 Day Weight Weight Loss Challenge and are seeing amazing, amazing results! (Check out the AMAZING Chloe Cox’s results below)
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – there is a new THEME!
Next month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is our ENGERY BOOSTING CHALLENGE! All the delicious and healthy recipes found in the meal plans and the Recipe Hub are loaded with energy ingredients – to help you feel fuelled, full and energised!
With that in mind, I was inspired to make a MONTH’S worth of freezable, energy-boosting meals from the CHALLENGE to feed my family of four for under $4 per serve.
Plus get a FREE copy of my Meal Prep Recipe eBook here RRP $25
- I spent $120.14
- I made 11 base recipes
- I made 124 dinners
- Took me about 4-5 hours
- All food is healthy and yummy
What base recipes I made
All of the meals came from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and you can see over 4,000 recipes in the challenge when you join. We also give away one recipe below!
Chicken Zucchini Alfredo – Serves 4 – $2.66 per portion
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 5 small zucchini (550 grams)
- 500 grams chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (20 mls)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (6 grams)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk of choice (187.5 mls)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (72 grams)
- 3/4 cup light cream cheese (195 grams)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (5 grams)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (15 grams)
- Use a peeler or sprializer to slice the zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for a minute or two on each side, to brown.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for a minute with the chicken.
- Add the milk, Parmesan, cream cheese, chives and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for a few minutes until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through. Season with some more pepper.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and toss together with the chicken and sauce for about a minute or until noodles are tender and covered in sauce.
- Divide between four bowls to serve.
Coconut Lime Barley Risotto with Green Beans – Serves 4 – $1.78 per portion
Energy Boosting Chicken Meatloaf – Serves 5 – $2.99 per portion
Oven Baked Pork with Beans & Cabbage – Serves 6 – $1.84 per portion
Slow Cooked Beef Brisket with Spinach Rocket Salad – Serves 4 – $3.00
Zucchini, Parmesan, and Bacon Slice – Serves 4 – $1.97 per portion
Chilli Con Carne Sweet Potato Boats – Serves 4 – $2.48 per portion
Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup – Serves 4 – $2.84 per portion
Turmeric Baked Vegetables with Pearl Barley & Roasted Garlic Yoghurt – Serves 4 – $2.56 per portion
Moroccan Beef Stuffed Capsicums – serves 4 – $2.21 per portion
Mexican Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie –serves 4 – $2.88 per portion
You can access ALL of these delicious recipes on the 28 DAY WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!
My tips on how to save MORE money when meal prepping
Prepare your vegetables and marinate meats the night before. This will intensify the flavours and make the meat more tender.
Feel free to skip searing off your meats before placing them in your dish. It really doesn’t make much difference to the texture of the meat if you’re slow cooking. The same goes for onions. Just cut them smaller beforehand.
Greens are best added in the last 30 minutes of cooking, otherwise they tend to lose their colour and go very limp.
As soon as you have finished slow cooking a meal, portion it into small, airtight containers, and cool in the fridge. Once cool, place in freezer for a later date.
- Have appropriate storage containers and label what you’ve prepared.
Results from mums using The Healthy Mummy Plans
Sascha says, “Over 30kg* gone from using The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and maintaining it couldn’t be more enjoyable”
Charlotte has gone from 110.5kg to 80kg, losing 30.5kg!
She says, “Since joining #teamhealthymummy my biggest achievement would have to be how far I’ve come in my presence of mind. I now have next to no worries on what people think of me.”
Mum Renee from Central Queensland has overcome depression and anxiety stemming from an abusive relationship and transformed her body losing 51kgs.
She says “previously I lived day by day, but now I embrace life as it were my last day on the earth!”.