She isn’t a Meal Prep Queen for no reason, Kaitie Purssell has cooked up another storm this time she has made two weeks worth of snacks and some extra mains all for under $150.
See all the meals she cooked up below as well as her top five budget tips.
Kaitie cooked up a storm for under $150
“I have been busy cooking away for week two of the October BUDGET 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
I completed my meal plan, repeating meals and snacks to save extra money and I set off to the shops with a budget of $150.
I managed to keep my shop well under that and made loads of extra snacks for next week too!
For snacks Kaitie made
24 x Weetbix Slice
14 x Healthy Donuts
16 x Vanilla Slice
30 x Coconut & Almond Macaroons try our delicious macaroon recipe!
4 x Watermelon, Berry & Green Tea Granita
12 x Mint Bubble Crunch
6 x Banana & Oat Breakfast Muffins
10 x Salted Honey Popcorn
10 x Corn & Chive Muffins
Some extra ingredients means, “I also have the ingredients to make –
Creamy Tuna Spread on Crispbreads, Yogurt & Berries or fresh fruit.”
For mains Kaitie made
“6 x Egg, Asparagus and Dill Potato Salad
5 x Ginger & Garlic Chicken wings with Sesame Broccoli Salad
4 x Herb & Cheese Chicken”
“I will also be making mains fresh such as the Lemon Cheesecake Porridge, Banana & Cinnamon Pancakes, Pizza Pockets, Grilled Tomato & Parmesan Flat Bread & The Beef, Mustard & Cheese Wrap.”
Eating healthy doesn’t need to be expensive!
My top 5 budget tips are
- Don’t buy the four different types of lettuce your meal plan may recommend. I buy a big bag of baby spinach or spinach and rocket mix and use it for all recipes.
- Repeat meals and snacks where possible.
- Customise your meal plan to include recipes with similar ingredients this helps save money & reduces waste.
- I bulk out mince & red meat dishes with lentils or chickpeas to help the meals spread further although this does slightly change the calories.
- FREEZE everything you can. Bananas going soft and don’t want to bake with them just yet? Freeze them. Open a can of coconut milk and don’t have a need for the rest just yet? Freeze it! Even fresh herbs, Tomato paste, stocks. It all adds up!
Wow, Kaitie you just amaze us every time! And it looks like your kids love what you made also.
Want more meal prep tips and tricks as well as some recipes great for meal prepping, grab our Meal Prep Queens Cookbook eBook.
Want access to these and thousands of other delicious recipes? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today.
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!