This healthy eating recipe for Quinoa Superfood Porridge is packed with protein and essential vitamins and minerals like iron, potassium, fibre, and magnesium.
You may not have encountered ingredients like Goji berries, sunflower seeds and quinoa flakes before but they all can be found in the health food section of many supermarkets.
- Third of a cup of quinoa flakes
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon Goji berries
- 5 walnuts
- Replace the blueberries with strawberries or raspberries
- Add some shredded coconut to the top
- Add half a chopped banana to the top
- Replace the almond milk with skim milk
- Sprinkle some LSA on top before serving
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk to boil.
- Add the quinoa flakes and the cinnamon, and reduce heat to very low.
- Keep on a very low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture has thickened into porridge, remove from heat.
- Pour into a bowl and top with Goji berries, blueberries, walnuts, and sunflower seeds.
Serves: 1. Calories per serve: 302