It really is possible to LOSE weight and SAVE money, all at the same time!
All the recipes on the July Winter Budget Challenge are under $2.50 per serve! And even better than that, the recipes are all warming and comforting meals for winter – think slow-cooked, and oven-baked, mug cakes and hot desserts.
Healthy, budget and family-friendly meals to get you to your weight loss goals!
Get a sneak peek of some of these recipes that will be available as part of the July 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
6 Recipes from our July Winter Budget Challenge
This soup is seriously delicious! Packing in all the flavours of lasagne, this warming soup can be made on the stovetop or super easy in the slow cooker.
These are a big hit with both adults and kids! The perfect after school snack or light lunch that keeps everyone in the family happy.
Herbs and spices like dried thyme and paprika in this recipe are a cheap and easy way to add flavour to any meal. Whole grains, lean protein and vegetable also make for a metabolism-boosting meal.
A delicious apple pie inspired mug cake that takes only a few minutes to cook in the microwave! Not only that – it’s only 180 calories.
Cheaper cuts of meat like lean chuck steak are perfect or long slow-cooked curries like this Beef Rendang.
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 small red chilli
- 1/4 cup water
- 600g stewing steak eg lean chuck steak
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g reduced fat coconut cream
- 1/2 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 small head boy choy, trimmed
- Make the rendang paste by placing onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, chilli and water in a blender and blitzing until smooth.
- Cut the beef into large pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown all over, around 4-5 minutes
- Add rendang paste and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, until the beef is coated well with the paste and smells very fragrant.
- Add the coconut cream, stir to combine. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce to a simmer for 90 minutes or until the sauce has evaporated and thickened and the beef is very tender.
- About 25 minutes before ready to serve, cook the rice according to packet directions.
- Cut the carrots into batons and steam on the stovetop with the beans and bak choy for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Divide the rice, beef rendang and steamed vegetables evenly between four bowls to serve.
465 cals per serve
Tuna And Pumpkin Mac and Cheese – $1.20 per serve
Mac and cheese could almost be described as the ultimate comfort food, this version includes high protein tuna and pumpkin for a healthy twist. Just 335 cals per serve.
Want access to all these recipes and thousands more? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including a 7 day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!