Good news for those of you who find it hard to doze off no matter how tired you are, as experts have discovered that these two superfoods will help you get some shut-eye. Hurrah!
A recent study conducted by Louisiana State University found that people suffering from insomnia were able to have, on average, an extra 83 minutes sleep a night, by drinking cherry juice before bed.
Scientists believe the reason for this is because the fruit contains a substance called tryptophan, which turns into melatonin – a hormone responsible for feeling drowsy. Cherry juice – here we come!
We wonder if our delicious No-Bake Raw Cherry Slices would also do the trick?!
Another fruit that has been found to reduce sleep-induced issues are kiwis.
The Advances in Nutrition study found that eating two kiwis before bedtime will help you have a better night’s sleep.
Kiwis are packed full of melatonin and serotonin, which are natural chemicals to help you dream longer. Who would have thought?
Boost your energy with The Healthy Mummy’s Super Greens
This power-packed powder is all about boosting energy and fuelling your body using real superfoods. It’s also breastfeeding friendly!
As busy mums we’re all about healthy shortcuts. As such we’ve created a way for you to get a shot of energy-boosting superfoods into your body by barely lifting a finger. You’re welcome!
We’ve managed to pack 37 ingredients from real food sources into our amazing Super Greens. Our ultimate aim is to give busy mums an energy lift. Most of all, breastfeeding mums don’t miss out because it’s one of a few on the market that’s breastfeeding friendly.
A powerful energy boost
When you’re conscious of what you’re putting into your body, you need to make every mouthful count. This is why this amazing powder punches well above its weight.
A snapshot of how powerful Super Greens is, this product…
- has 56 more times the vitamin B12 of a beef steak.
- contains the same calcium as three serves of cheese.
- contains the iron of 12 cups of spinach.
- has the vitamin C equivalent of 1.4kgs* of oranges.
- has 11 times more iron than red kidney beans.
- contains 50 times more vitamin B12 than an Atlantic salmon.
- has 11 times more vitamin C than 100ml of orange juice.
- contains as much calcium as one litre of milk.
- has the same vitamin C as half a kilo of red capsicums.
- has as much B12 as 77 eggs.
- contains four times as much calcium as almonds.
Busy mums, now is the time to stop making excuses and make sure you’re getting your greens! Get your Super Greens mix here.