If you are stuck for a healthy eating dinner recipe, then this superfood meal is a must try. The healthy eating recipe is for Salmon with Quinoa and not only tastes great – it is also a great one to include in your weight loss plan as the ingredients help to lose belly fat.
- 4 x 140g salmon fillets
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp soy
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bunches broccolini or broccoli
- 1 chopped carrot
- Combine orange juice, ginger, soy and mirin in a bowl. Pour over salmon fillets and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to marinade.
- Rinse quinoa, then cover with chicken stock and bring to the boil over medium high heat. Once boiling reduce to low heat and cover for 12 minutes. Remove from heat but keep covered for further 15 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- In the meantime place salmon in preheated 180 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Or you can slow cook in a deep pan
- To prepare the broccolini either boil for 2 minutes or steam for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Place ½ cup of quinoa on each serving plate, top with broccolini and salmon. Pour remaining marinade over the top. Serve.
Nutrient Analysis per serve