Libby was the girl at high school who hated sport. Her period would always seem to fall on swimming days, she’d begrudgingly walk the cross country and cried to get out of anything longer than the 100m sprint or the shot put at sports carnivals.
However, Libby always loved to dance and took classes while she was at school as it never felt like exercise! But since jumping on board with The Healthy Mummy, her fitness levels have dramatically increased…and she still gets to dance with our new DanceFit workouts available on the 28 Day Challenge App!
Libby says, “While I have lost 16kg* by following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and enjoying the Healthy Mummy Smoothies, where I have changed the most is my fitness! Exercise is engrained in my life now, and I get active as often as I can.”
“I am fitter and much more energetic than I have EVER been in my life! I LOVE running, participate in regular fun runs and can run 10km in under an hour. I give most things a go and like to try new things. My family enjoys bush walking, bike riding and other outdoor activities together.”
“I relish in watching my body change, seeing muscle definition form, and surprising myself when I improve on past efforts. And I still LOVE to dance!”
“I love that the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge app means that I can do my Challenge exercises anywhere, any time. The main home page gives a summary of the day’s meals and workouts, so there is a reminder as soon as you open the app.”
We’re SO excited about the launch of our new DanceFit workouts, and as a dance lover, so was Libby!
“They really are easy to follow, the kids can join in, they don’t need much room or any equipment, and are so quick and FUN to do, I hardly felt I was exercising at all (though it certainly got my heart rate up!),” says Libby.
Libby has found that like with healthy eating, planning and implementing routines are needed to stick to regular exercise.
She says, “If I don’t MAKE time, it won’t happen. I plan exercise into my week, and allocate a couple of opportunities each day, so I always have a back up if plan A doesn’t work out.”
Libby’s top exercise tips
1. If mornings are non-stop once the kids are up, set your alarm earlier to squeeze it in before they wake.
2. Instead of sitting in front of the TV once chores are done for the evening, lay on the floor and complete your 28 Day Challenge exercises using the mobile app while facing the TV.
3. Go for a walk during your work lunch break.
4. Fit incidental exercises into your day – squat each time you hang a piece of laundry on the line, push ups off the kitchen bench while waiting for the kettle to boil, or taking the stairs at work instead of the lift.
5. Commit to a time/place with a friend to keep you accountable – e.g. Parkrun on Saturday mornings, bootcamp with your sister or morning walks with the neighbour.
Great tips Libby, keep on dancing!
Did you know mums have lost OVER 3 million* kilos with us?
The Healthy Mummy exists to help tired, busy mums like you SHIFT THE BABY WEIGHT and REACH YOUR GOAL WEIGHT.
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, breastfeeding-friendly and realistic program that helps mums tackle their diet and improve their overall health through weekly (and customisable) meal plans, at-home exercises and 24/7 social support.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
To support your weight loss, The Healthy Mummy also has a range of delicious and good-for-you smoothies!
Our smoothie range offers an excellent source of essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients & important antioxidants. It does not contain any weight loss accelerants, caffeine, gluten and is dairy free. It is also a non Genetically Modified product!
To learn more about our smoothies – click here.
To purchase one of our smoothies – click here.
*Images and references to kilograms lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mummy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.