This healthy eating dessert is so deliciously moorish and creamy you could be forgiven for thinking that it’s unhealthy.
We love chia seeds, and using this superfood as a way to make healthy sugar-free jam is just one reason
Once you’ve got your chia jam on hand, the rest is just a matter of layering and then devouring.
- 1 quantity chia raspberry jam – recipe below
- 50g good quality 70% dark chocolate (or use cacao nibs), grated
- ½ cup crushed roasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup whole oats
- 2 cups creamy Greek yoghurt
- 400g tin of coconut cream, chilled
- Combine the yoghurt and the firm coconut cream in a bowl (use the liquid coconut cream in your morning smoothie).
- Take 4 small glasses or jars and begin layering the jam, yoghurt, oats and nuts – finishing off with the chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 323.
Chia Jam Recipe
- ½ cup fresh chopped strawberries
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp natural sweetener such as stevia, agave nectar or honey
- 1 ½ tbsp chia seeds
Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until the berries have softened
Puree or mash lightly, until just a few small lumps remain
Thoroughly stir in chia seeds in four lots so that they don’t clump together
Pour into a jar or container and place in the fridge until thickened, at least 1 ½ hours
Store jam in the fridge. Will keep for about 1 week
Serves 15 @ 20ml / 1tbsp ea
13 cal / 45 kj per serve
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here