Almost half of toys sold online could pose a dangerous risk to your child, a new report has revealed.
While online shopping can save mums time by not having to drag their kids to the shop, they are also more likely to cause choking, poison and electrocution the worrying research states.
The study looked at toys sold on Amazon, eBay, Wish and AliExpress and found that TOO many of them had safety risks.
The danger of buying toys online
48% of the 225 toys tested by researchers as part of the British Toys and Hobbies Association had serious dangers.
These included the items having small, easy-to-drink parts, as well as magnets or cords that could wrap around a child’s neck.
9 out of 10 (88%) did not comply with rules such as chemical and toxin levels, the report claims.
This study was backed by mother Sam McCarthy, whose two-year-old daughter almost died after swallowing 14 colourful magnets she thought were sweets.
How to keep your child safe while playing with toys
- Always check for choking hazards, such as small parts
- Read the label
- Learn first aid
- If you are worried about your child, call the emergency department on 000
Try our HEALTHY Kids Chocolate Smoothie!
The Healthy Kids Smoothie has been specially made as a healthy snack for kids and is ideal if you have fussy eaters or want to ensure your children have a nutritious and healthy smoothie snack.
It also has a 4.5 Health Star Rating when made with skim milk. It contains NO added sugars.
- The Healthy Mummy Kids Smoothie is rich in carbohydrates and protein and is natural energy packed smoothie made for kids.
- It contains 16 essential vitamins and minerals and when combined with milk, provides children with 50% of their Calcium RDI.
- It also contains probiotics needed for healthy guts and is free from fructose.