We’ve all got a few tricks up our parenting sleeves in order to make life a little easier or happier. Here at The Healthy Mummy we believe that sharing is caring and so here’s a list of 17 incredible hacks that might blow your mind.
- Broken glass and kids is a freaky combination and it can be hard to know if you’ve cleaned up all the shards, try using a spongy slice of bread to catch the tiny pieces you can’t see.
- When you’re away from home or visiting family and need instant childproofing of power points, use insulation tape to cover the sockets.
- Instead of having all of your baby changing essentials in one room put them in a portable basket or container you can easily transport from room to room.
- One of the best ways to give a baby medicine is to put the dropper right at the back of their throat, this way it can’t be spat out. It’s not pleasant but it’s effective.
- To keep track of the doses of medicine you’ve given your child, use a permanent marker pen to draw up a chart and mark off each dosage given.
- Socks can be slippery for babies learning to walk so sew on some patches or even use glue to do some patterns to make the soles a bit more anti-slip.
- To hull strawberries, push a straw through the bottom and the leaves and stem should come out without damaging the berry.
- Ice blocks and icy poles are messy business so to stop them from dripping over the floor and your child, put a cupcake paper under them to catch the drips. You are welcome!
- If cupcake liners aren’t working then you could try a paper plate for ice-creams or to help those kids who seem to take forever to eat such things.
- To stop a cut apple from going brown, once cut put it back into shape and use rubber bands to hold it in shape until eaten!
- If you’re going to a crowded place make your child a bracelet with your phone number on it to give you peace of mind should they wander off or get lost.
- Got too many stuffed toys? Save yourself a stack of money on beans and use them to fill a bean bag for your child.
- To stop those valuable Lego instructions from going walkabout, keep them in a display book that has transparent pages.
- If Barbie or another figurine is having a bad hair day then mix some fabric softener and water together and comb in through.
- Bath toys with holes in them often become yucky and are full of mould, glue gun them shut and say goodbye to cold dirty water.
- To help clean up glitter and other craft mess, use a lint roller and voila you’ll be done in no time.
- When cleaning drink bottles use cotton tips to reach those tricky or hard to reach places.
For more parenting tips, advice ands stories click HERE.