If you’re like many of us, you start off your journey to lose weight full of motivation and excitement – and we want to ensure you KEEP IT!!!
And to help, we have a GORGEOUS Healthy Mummy Goal Chart which you can download for FREE right HERE.
You’ve joined The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, bought all the fresh food, tossed out the junk, strapped on your trainers and are full of positive energy.
And here are some tips to help you stay SUPER MOTIVATED
Try out our 7 tips to keep you motivated
1. Plan Your Meals To Include Things You Love
You don’t need to be on a strict salad diet in order to lose weight. You can still enjoy the foods you love while you are on our plans.
Use the meal planner customiser to ensure your menu is exactly what you want to see. We provide a HUGE amount of variety – over 2,200 recipes and 100 NEW recipes every month so you never get bored. In the customiser or recipe hub Search ‘pizza’, ‘burgers’, ‘pasta’, or ‘wraps’ and you will find a stack of healthy options which won’t feel like you are on a diet at all.
And here is a video with tips on getting the most out of the 28 Day Challenge App meal planner
2. Join Our Communities on Facebook
Find the right group for you full of thousands of lovely supportive mums.
- Healthy Mummy Support Group
- Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Kickstart Group
- Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Group
- Healthy Mummy Fashion Group
- Healthy Mummy Clothes Swap Group
- Healthy Mummy Food Lovers Group
- Healthy Mummy New Mums Group
3. Make Exercise More Fun
If you find it hard to stay motivated to exercise, it might be time to make plans for that too. Sit down and work out a realistic exercise schedule for your week.
Could you go for a swim with a friend early one Saturday morning while the kids are still asleep? Can you set the alarm half an hour early and do the 28 Day Challenge exercises before everyone wakes up?
Could you squeeze in one or two segments each day from our Exercise DVD while the kids nap or play a game? Could you make a non-negotiable time each week where your partner or neighbour minds the kids while you go to a Healthy Mummy Fitness group fitness class?
By scheduling it in and sticking it on the fridge, you will have less time for excuses and more time for some exercise that will help you get fitter and stronger.
Sometimes it helps to prep ahead for your week of exercise and here are 6 tips to help.
4. Prepare Your Healthy Snacks For The Week
There is nothing like hunger to see you lunging for a cupcake from the bakery. Be prepared by organising your snacks for the whole week and having them ready to roll each day.
Check out some of the snacks in your 28 Day Challenge meal planner or the recipe hub
5. Use a Goal Chart With Rewards
Decide on some realistic short-term goals, and also set yourself some non-food rewards for when you reach them.
Some examples of short-term goals could be:
- ‘I will exercise five times this week’
- ‘I will make myself a Healthy Mummy Smoothie for breakfast every day this week’
- ‘I will not order any take away this weekend, I’ll make my own healthy versions’
- ‘I will try 3 new recipes for family dinners this week’
And some non-food rewards might include getting a pedicure, getting a haircut, buying a new pair of trainers, or treating yourself to a one hour bath complete with candles and bath salts.
We have a GORGEOUS Healthy Mummy Goal Chart which you can download or FREE right HERE.
6. Remove ‘All Or Nothing’ From Your Vocabulary
Changing your life through a healthy eating plan and regular exercise is a work in progress. We all have bad days, but that isn’t a reason to pack it all in.
Accept that you might hit a few hurdles along the way, and see each day as a new opportunity.
7. Avoid Smoothie Monotony
No matter how much you love that Banana Oat Smoothie if you’re having it day in day out, there is no doubt it will get a bit boring. And that’s when you might start craving pancakes and French toast instead of your morning smoothie. Check out these smoothie recipes for some inspiration.
Keep things interesting by varying your smoothie options. Grab some different fruits and veg such as kiwis, mango, rockmelon, lime, spinach and avocado and check out our smoothie recipes.
Bonus tip: Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and be supported and motivated by thousands of other mums!
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and well-being – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at-home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding-friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!