Are you ready to add to your brood? While only you and your partner can really answer that question, our tongue-in-cheek quiz can give you a bit of insight into whether it’s time to bring out the baby gear!
Yep, you’re ready for another baby!
How many of these ring true for you? If you can answer “yes” to most of these, then we’d say another baby could be in your not-too-distant future!
- Your partner is on board. Well, he’s not rushing to the doctors to book in a vasectomy, at least.
- You have a slight obsession with baby names. And you cannot wait to actually narrow your list of favourite names down to one.
- You also have a slight obsession with celebrity baby news. Because celebrity babies are just too sweet!
- You can’t seem to throw away the baby gear currently living in your garage. And in your closets, under the bed and at the in-laws’ house.
- When you hear a baby coo or cry, you automatically turn to look. Cue aching uterus.
- Your name is on the list of women most likely to get pregnant this year (check it out here). This is based on real scientific evidence (well, sort of!).
- Your partner’s name also made the list of men most likely to become dads this year (can’t argue with science, right?)
- If they made an air freshener called “new baby smell” you would buy it by the boat load. And probably apply sparingly to your pillow every night.
- You love the thought of being pregnant. More than the thought of drinking wine.
- You’ve learned how to live off very little sleep. What’s another baby if you already hardly sleep?
- You miss the feeling of being kicked from within. And the feeling of rocking back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, over and over again to help lull your newborn to sleep. And especially the feeling of constantly having someone in your arms.
- Your children are not completely against the idea. That is, when they play ‘dolls’, the dolls don’t end up in the oven or tossed over the fence.
- You’re financially ready. Check out just how much a child costs right here!
- The thought of labour doesn’t send you into a panic. If your vagina is ready, then so are you!
Nope, you’re done!
Are your baby-making days over (for the time being)? If you answer ‘yes’ to most of the questions below, then probably so!
- You really love your sleep. And your sushi. And your coffee. And your wine.
- You also really enjoy having your own space. Having a baby constantly attached to your breast isn’t the most appealing thought right now.
- You’d rather save up for a holiday than another baby. Or a new couch even.
- You’ve already converted your infant’s cot into an upcycled desk.
- When you ask your eldest child if they want a little brother or sister, he replies with, “Can we trade the new one in for the one we already have?”
- When you ask your youngest child if they want a little brother or sister, she replies with, “I would rather we get a cat.”
- You’re pretty happy with your choice of birth control. And tampon brand as well.
- The thought of giving birth sends chills down your spine. All the way to your uterus.
- You love holding newborns. But only when you get to give them back after a few quick cuddles.
Tell us your results! Are you destined to add to the clan or are you more inclined to get a cat?
And when you’re pregnant, try our Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie!
The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothie is designed to complement, not replace, your prenatal vitamin intake. Our nutritionists ensured that the vitamins and minerals in the smoothie are at a low level so there is no risk of doubling up on any pregnancy vitamins.
It is ideal as a high-protein, high-calcium snack in pregnancy. You can download the Pregnancy Smoothie Label here.
To purchase yours, click here.
*Please note that The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy range promotes healthy weight gain in pregnancy*