⚡️ 6 Months to Summer Challenge ON NOW – ONLY $49 – Get 90% Off – CLICK HERE
In one of the most revolting studies done to date, experts have found that cockroach milk is four times more nutritious than cow’s milk. But is someone actually mad enough to start farming and milking them? SHUDDER!
A new study has found that milk crystals from the one milk-producing breed of cockroach contain proteins, fats and sugars that are four times for nutritious than cow’s milk.
Ummm, What Did You Say Again?
“It’s time-released food,” one of the study’s authors told the Times of India. As such, “They can be a fantastic protein supplement.”
“If you need food that is calorifically high, that is time released and food that is complete. This is it.”
Does this mean we are going to be reaching for the cockroach milk in the supermarket shortly?
Would You Like Cockroach Milk With That?
While this study is rather, erm interesting, there’s no need to panic because it’s unlikely it will ever be commercially produced.
Instead scientists are looking to replicate the protein contained in this milk to create a higher-calorie, more nutrient-dense milk that can be used to improve the diets of people living in impoverished parts of the world.
Meanwhile, while we’re on the fascination subject of yucky insects here a few facts you really don’t want to know about the Australian cockroach.
- It’s not native to Australia as the name suggests, it was introduced here from Africa several centuries ago, thanks guys!
- You will find them in warm dark place such as toilets, under fridges and stoves and inside microwaves and TVs!
- The female’s lay eggs in small purse-shaped case and each one contains 14-16 eggs and they can produce several of these a week.
- The Aussie cockroach munches on pretty much anything, but they do have a sweet tooth and have a taste for hair and nail clippings.
- It is one of the fastest insects on the planet and can run one metre in one second.
- This critter has ears on each knee joint of their six legs – creepy!
- With excellent vision, this roach can even see in infrared.
Meanwhile, for something that is delicious as well as nutritious you can’t go past the Healthy Mummy Smoothie range!