Raspberries also contain soluble fibre, which helps to lower your levels of blood cholesterol. Because raspberries are low in calories and high in insoluble fibre, they are known as a low energy density food, which means that they provide a large portion of food for a small number of calories.
We adore raspberries at The Healthy Mummy and we love to include them in our Healthy Mummy Smoothies. They are tasty and packed full of fibre which is great for digestion too.
They are also a low GI food, meaning that they release their energy into your bloodstream slowly, preventing blood sugar spikes and therefore blood sugar lows. Blood sugar lows can cause cravings for fatty or sugary foods, which can lead to weight gain, so eating foods low on the glycaemic index can help to control your weight – so are great for including in your weight loss plan.
Raspberry & Spinach Smoothie
- 2 x tbsp of StrawberryHealthy Mummy Smoothie Mix
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1 x large handful of spinach
- 250ml of milk
- Ice cubes
Blend for 2-3 minutes
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer healthy and safe exercise and diet plans that are safe if you are breastfeeding
Plus we have Cookbooks, Calorie Bibles, Meal Replacement Smoothies and Our 28 Day Plan in our shop. Enjoy another delicious raspberry smoothie recipe!
Join the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
If you are wanting to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention – help improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!