So, we’ve all heard of pelvic floor muscles and tightening our lady parts and even losing weight in the region, but when we heard that a beauty blogger was talking about WHITENING your vagina, we were intrigued to say the least!
A Kardashian-approved beauty blogger, Huda Kattan, broke the internet with a blog post advising women on how to lighten the colour of their ‘lady parts’ as an aesthetic choice.
Apparently it’s a common question amongst women with Huda stating, “One common question we always get asked whenever we do a DIY lightening hack, is… can you use it on your lady parts?”
So would you do it? Check out the new teeth whitening trend below.
Goodbye teeth whitening, hello vagina whitening
We’ll just start by saying that there is nothing wrong or abnormal with a darker lady area as the Huda explains that she’s sharing this information to busting myths about DIY lightening and how to improve it (if that’s what you want).
Dermatologist, Dr Doris Day says in the post, “The problem with vaginal skin is that it has the highest density of melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) than anywhere in the body. It’s an area where there can be a good amount of friction from walking and exercise.”
How it can be done? Day reveals this DIY whitening recipe below.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 10 drops of rose water
- Soak a cotton pad in the formula and squeeze out excess.
- Gently wipe the external areas only (avoid your inner lady parts!) and let this sit for 2 to 4 minutes before rinsing off.
- Do this once a day.
Another way to avoid hyper pigmentation down there is to reduce weight. Day says, “excess weight can lead to friction, which can cause darkening.” See how you can lose weight on your va-jay-jay!
Reach your weight loss goals here
Start losing weight now on our 28 Day Weight Loss challenge.
Here’s what our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.