We always recommend people should keep their healthy eating snacks simple and portable as we are getting busier with work and family commitments, and anything too extravagant will most likely be put in the too hard basket and you will end up skipping the snack altogether which may lead to a slower metabolism – and on the 28 Day Challenge we have HEAPS of awesome snack options
Healthy eating snacks should contain generous amount of fibre to help keep the tummy flat and/or a small amount of protein to help balance blood sugar levels.
The Heart Foundation recommends that adults should aim to consume approximately 25–30g of fibre daily. Protein intake varies as per fitness goals, height, weight, gender and age.
Our top 10 easy snacks for a flatter stomach include:
1. Boiled Eggs. Boil a whole carton of eggs and leave them in your fridge in ziplock bags for an easy snack on the go.
2. Wholegrain ryvita + abc spread. Ryvitas are a great form of fibre and will help move any stagnation through the bowels.. team it with some ABC (Almond/Brazil/Cashew Nut) spread for a protein/good fat hit.
3. Passionfruit yoghurt – go for one with the seeds in it and the probiotic content of the yoghurt mixed with the fibre from the passionfruit seeds will help get your tummy flatter this winter
4. 20g Raw Almonds – look for the chemical free variety in your local health food store. Make sure they are raw or natural to keep salt levels down.
5. 20g Goji Berries – very high in antioxidants, keep a stash of Goji Berries in your handbag for a quick snack.
20g will provide you with 3g of protein and 3.6g of fibre and will benefit you in many ways to bust the tummy fat.
6. Chia pudding – a great gluten-free option – chia seeds are high in essential minerals, omega 3 and fibre.
They will keep the bloat down and provide a filling option to eat between meals. See a healthy recipe here.
7. Home Made Banana Bread – Make some yourself and slice it up to keep it frozen for the times when you really need something wholesome.
Bananas are high in fibre and potassium and will help reduce tummy bloat and lets face it, we all feel like a bit of banana bread every now and then! See our healthy recipes for it here.
8. Cacao energy balls – When the bub is sleeping, make up a batch of these and freeze 2 or 3 in each ziplock bag.
You can try this simple recipe:
- 1 cup pitted dates (or look for the date paste to save yourself the work)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
Make into bite sized balls and dip in Coconut oil. Finish them off by rolling in some unsweetened shredded coconut.
9. A Green apple – said to ‘melt’ stomach fat, you can’t go wrong with having an apple for a snack. It will temporarily give you a good boost of energy, provide a good amount of fibre and is a great portable snack.
10. Healthy mummy smoothie –in the colder weather why not opt for a warm hot chocolate healthy mummy smoothie with some added cacao and stevia if you like it a bit sweeter.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
The only program made for Busy Mums! Make 2020 Your Year!
Join over 200,000+ mums today! No lock in contracts | Designed just for mums.
Get unrestricted access to :
● Over 350 AT HOME WORKOUTS
● Nutritionist designed weekly meal plans
● Personal Trainer crafted at-home workouts
● Daily Motivation from My Coach
● Personalised Shopping lists to make life easy
● Over 4,000 healthy and delicious recipes at your fingertips
● We WILL help you SMASH your 2020 goals and give you MORE energy and body confidence