The second trimester of pregnancy is often considered the calmest of the trimesters as you can actually share your happy news and enjoy your growing belly. But what does the second trimester really have in store?
These, mums and mums-to-be, are the little things we learn during the second trimester of pregnancy.
Bring on the Baby Bump!
1. You will actually return to a normal level of adulting.
The nausea will subside. The tiredness will be reduced. And the ability to function without welling up with tears will return! Hurray!
2. You will discover just how incredible the feeling of being kicked from the inside really is.
A little creepy, yes, but those first little kicks and movements are absolutely amazing.
3. Your legs will want to party all night long.
It’s called Restless Legs and it’s a thing. A really annoying thing because your body is exhausted and, no matter what, your legs don’t want to stop moving.
4. Your bump will start to look like a real baby, not a food baby.
But, the comparisons with fruit and veg will continue. During the second trimester you can expect your baby bump to transform from the size of a plum to the size of a squash. That’s some seriously healthy growing.
5. You will learn to smile, nod and walk away.
Because as soon as you are showing, people assume this means you want their advice on anything baby-related.
6. You will fall in love with sweatpants.
Where have you been all my life?
7. You will dream about baby names.
They will seriously haunt you day and night. We have a whole slew of baby name lists to keep you up until the wee hours trying to narrow down your selection.
8. You will also probably dream about your baby.
And don’t be surprised if the dreams are incredibly vivid and real – like, waking-up-thinking-you’re-holding-your-newborn real.
9. You will get a strong urge to organise the baby’s room in the middle of the night.
Why sleep during the night when you can toss, turn and clean the pantry at 3am. Gotta love those sudden bursts of nighttime energy.
10. Your belly button will change positions.
It will make the move from innie to outie in quite an abrupt fashion.
11. You will be unable to control the desire to shop.
BUY ALL THE BABY THINGS.
12. You will uncover just how versatile your baby bump is.
It can be a drink holder, a plate holder and an endless source of entertainment as you watch your little one try to round kick his way out of your skin.
Make sure you check out 13 Things Your Didn’t Expect In The First Trimester for some more pearls of wisdom.