Many mums are a little worried at first when they have a boy. After all, you don’t really know how boys work!
Well, it doesn’t take long before you figure it out, and before you know it you’re navigating boy-town like a pro.
Here are 15 home truths that you will totally get if you have a little boy –
- You know all of the names of the Transformers (and you quite like that he decided that you get to be Sideswipe)
- You know where all of the fenced playgrounds are in your area and you’re still worried that he could scale the fence if he really wanted to
- You’re quite the pro at applying band-aids, bandages and ice-packs
- You can talk at length about the characters on Fireman Sam, and you even have made-up back stories about who Norman Price’s dad might be
- You hear words like bum and fart all day long
- Your handbag contains some or all of the following: a stick, an action figure, a rock, a half-eaten sandwich, and a single piece of LEGO
- Your sofa is regularly transformed into a fire engine, boat, or secret hideout
- You know that anything can be made into a gun, including a stick, some Duplo, or even a carefully bitten slice of toast
- Your car boot is full of bikes, balls, sticks, helmets, scooters and cricket bats
- You have seen your kid pee in more places than you care to admit
- You have enjoyed watching films like the Karate Kid again
- You take a spare outfit to any place with water as you just KNOW he will get in
- You think you should buy shares in a stain removal spray company because you go through so much of the stuff
- You never seem to have enough milk or bread in the house, no matter how much you buy
- You peek in at night time to watch him sleep because it’s the only time he sits still
Boys are AWESOME!