Beetroots are incredibly beautiful to eat, their colour is mesmerising.
They are a source of iron, vitamin A, B6, C, potassium and lots of health beneficial antioxidants. A great addition to a healthy eating diet and a weight loss plan.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 200g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 large red onions chopped
- 400 grams of baby beetroots cooked or 1 can of baby beetroots rinsed and drained
- 2 sheets ready-rolled reduced fat puff pastry, partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tbs of crushed walnuts
- Milk for glazing.
- Oil spray
- Spray and pan with oil spray and cook and caramelise the red onions in a pan over low heat for 15 minutes.
- On two separate lined baking trays, place one sheet off puff pastry on each tray.
- Score the base with a fork.
- Leave a 2cm edge and spread the red onion mixture out on the two pieces of puff.
- Halve or quarter the baby beetroots and place evenly on top of the caramelised onion.
- Crumble the feta and walnuts over the top.
- Fold up the edges and brush the edges with milk.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degrees celcius.
120 cals per serve
Special Offer & Discount
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe if you are breastfeeding and you can use code LOYALTY for a 10% DISCOUNT at the checkout