This dish is delicious and incredibly nutritious. It is low in fat, high in protein and fibre with the addition of the chickpeas.
A perfect warmer for every healthy eating plan this Autumn and Winter.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 chicken breast cut in fillet size strips
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tbs of oil
- 2 tbs of sumerac spice
- 1 handful of diced parsley to serve
- In a hot pan, pop in the oil and pan fry the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add in the chicken, sprinkle the sumerac over the top and brown the outside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken into an oven proof dish.
- Cover the chicken in the diced tomatoes and stir through the tomato paste, chickpeas and sliced zucchini.
- Bake in a 180 degree oven covered in al foil for 30 minutes.
- Serve with some brown rice/cous cous and some broccoli.
290 calories per serve (without rice and additional veggies)