Chimichurri is a delicious and highly nutritious versatile sauce.
Traditionally it reigns from South America and it accompanies grilled steak but it can also be served with other meats, chicken and fish.
Parsley is incredibly high in vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, flavonoids and anti-oxidants. It also a good source of folate and b vitamins which is great for mums and also pregnant women too.
Prep time 5 minutes
- 2 cups fresh parsley, firmly packed
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion ( try red onion )
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Season with salt and pepper
- In a processor, pulse the peeled garlic and onion until finely chopped.
- Add the parsley and pulse it briefly. Make sure it is NOT pureed, just chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl and add in the oil, vinegar, lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and store until ready to eat.
90 calories per tablespoon