Dukkah is a spice and nut blend originally hailing form Egypt. It is most often eaten with bread or vegetables but tonight we will show you how to use this traditional blend as an gorgeous addition to your next lamb BBQ.
You can easily incorporate this meal into your healthy eating plan this week with a few simple ingredients.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 can of chickpeas drained
- 100grams of hazelnuts
- 2 tbs of coriander seeds
- 2 tbs of cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 8 lamb cutlets (fat trimmed)
- Drain a can of chickpeas and place them on a baking tray with baking paper and roast in a 200 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- When the chickpeas have cooled post roasting, in a blender pulse together the chickpeas, the spices, the hazelnuts and the salt and pepper.
- Place the dukkah mix onto a plate and roll the lamb cutlets in the mixture.
- Set the lamb cutlets aside once breaded.
- Heat up a BBQ and BBQ them until cooked. Alternatively you could also bake them in the oven.
- Serve with a side salad or roast veggies and rice.
The lamb cutlets are 260 calories per serve.
Special Offer & 10% Discount
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe if you are breastfeeding and you can use code LOYALTY for a 10% DISCOUNT at the checkout