Exercise with injury
Yesterday a member of the Healthy Mummy community commented that she had chipped the bone on her ankle. So at the moment she is unable to perform any weight bearing exercise.
Obviously an exercise program is incredibly beneficial to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle, so today, I have written a list of some non weight bearing or exercise with an injury that she and everyone can do.
Remember that weight loss is about a combination of exercise and diet. You can still achieve weight loss by doing non-weight-bearing exercise. This is because working your muscles burns energy. The more muscle mass you create, through exercises like these, the higher your metabolic rate will become and the more energy you will burn.
20 non-weight-bearing exercises
2. Stationary Bike (can rent)
3. Stationary rowing machine (can rent)
4. Regular sit ups
5. Raising leg and bum “sit ups”
6. Bicycle leg “sit ups”
7. Side to side “sit ups”
8. Plank on your knees
9. Push ups on your knees
10. Tricep dips while sitting on your bottom
11. Backward leg extension on your hands and knees
12. On your side, side leg lifts
13. Pilates floor work DVD
14. Hand weights, or can weights (if you don’t have hand weights)
15. Leg lifts (legs together and lift straight legged)
16. Leg lifts (single legs and lift straight legged)
17. Do 14 and 15 but with knees bent
19. Twisties (rotate and touch the back of chair)
20. Touch floor, touch knees, reach into the sky (kind of like a sitting burpee)
This list is not exhaustive. Your limit is your imagination. Anything that makes you move will burn energy.
For some other exercise ideas that require weight bearing, have a look at the 28 diet and exercise plan.