Fish, especially oily fish like salmon is great way to get your Omega 3 intake for the day.
This recipe is fairly easy to make and is delicious and a nice spin of other fish dishes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 400 grams of salmon, fresh or canned salmon
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbs of oil
- 2 potatoes
- 2 cup of salt reduced stock (or water)
- 2 tbs of reduced fat yoghurt
- Reduce fat puff pastry
- 2 tbs of milk for basting pastry
- Serve with greens
- Pan fry garlic and onion with the oil
- Add stock and potatoes and cook until tender and the water reduces
- Add in the salmon and if fresh, wait until it is cooked. If canned, heat through
- Stir in the yoghurt
- Dish salmon mixture into individual dishes
- Place ¼ of defrosted reduced fat puff pastry around each dish and brush with milk. Remember to pierce the top
- Place in a preheated oven of 180 degrees for 30 minutes until top is puffed and brown
420 calories per serve.