We are in awe of the gorgeous and confident community member Stephanie Marriott, who’s lost 19kgs* and gone from a size 16 to an 8 thanks to the Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and smoothies.
Recently Stephanie shared with us how she maintains her goal weight and compares her dramatic lifestyle change before and after weight loss.
Confident and happy
Stephanie, a mother of three, started her Healthy Mummy journey on January 1st 2016. She’s lost 19kgs* and says since reaching her goal weight she couldn’t be happier.
“In the first picture above I was on holiday with my parents and my first son. I remember feeling hot and sweaty all the time. I ate poorly and found it hard to fit down the slippery slide with my son.”
“In the second picture I was headed to a dear friends wedding. I felt amazing! I have never received so many genuinely beautiful compliments. And this was after having two more children.”
How She Feels Now
“I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I’d have some baby abs under that tummy.”
“I’m incredibly proud of my body now and when I look in the mirror I actually love what I see!”
19 kgs* is a fantastic achievement Stephanie- check out her video below!
Stephanie On Maintaining Weight-Loss Goals
She says she’s found maintenance quite easy and this is how she stays on track.
- I don’t count calories
- I make good choices
- Watch my portion size
- Enjoy everything in moderation
“Healthy Mummy has taught me about healthy alternatives, portion sizes, how to make better choices. But most importantly, that life is about enjoying EVERYTHING in moderation.”
My Life Before I Discovered The Healthy Mummy
1. I never exercised – I didn’t even want to go upstairs in our house to get something because I was so lazy.
2. Healthy food – I would have never considered a salad or a ham and salad wrap as an amazing meal.
3. I never tried new foods – I always had my steak well done, had never had a kidney bean, chickpea or brown rice.
4. I tried on 15 outfits before leaving the house – and most of the time it ended in tears.
5. I wore make-up every day.
6. I tried every diet under the sun – in the end I always failed.
7. Bad role model – when I had my first child I was didn’t exercise or eat well.
8. I was a size 16 – but I honestly thought the clothing sizes were inaccurate.
9. I was always tired.
10. Fake confidence – my confidence was often a disguise of how uncomfortable I was, and how I thought I was being judged.
In My Life Now I…
- Am truly confident and comfortable, even walking around in a bikini.
- Will try new foods, this past weekend I had sashimi and cuttlefish.
- Only wear full make-up on special occasions.
- Really enjoy exercise, I have a great trainer and go to workouts in the park for mums.
- Grow fresh herbs and vegetables
- Eat an abundance of foods and if I have a bad meal or day I don’t beat myself up. I just start eating well from the next meal.
- Often won’t even look in the mirror when I get dressed because I know a singlet and jeans will look great.
- Have three kids that see me making great choices.
- Meet new people and it doesn’t cross my mind what they may think of me.
- Am healthy, happy and a confident size 8!
Thank you for sharing your story with us Stephanie. Your beaming smile says it all and we at the Healthy Mummy HQ couldn’t be prouder.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
Are you inspired by Stephanie’s story? Regain your body confidence with The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums FOR MUMS – to help them reach their goal weight and tackle their health and fitness.
The Challenge is home to customisable meal plans, 24/7 social support and realistic exercises mums can do AT HOME.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
*Images and references to kilograms lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mummy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.