Finding sweet treat recipes that are also healthy recipes can be hard when you are trying to lose weight or lose post baby weight.
Most sweet treats are high in calories because they are made with ingredients like processed sugar, cream and butter.
This much healthier eating recipe is packed with antioxidants, fibre and vitamins, and doubles as a healthy breakfast or dessert option that will win over friends, kids and partners alike.
- Half a cup of blueberries
- Half a cup of raspberries
- 4 strawberries, set aside 2 whole strawberries for presentation, chop the other two into slices
- 200 grams reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes
- 40 grams fruit-free, untoasted muesli
- Quarter of a cup of almonds, chopped
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of honey or use maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- Place a third of the berries in the bottom of two glass jars or dessert glasses.
- Add a dollop of yoghurt, then layer more berries on top of the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle the muesli, sunflower seeds, almonds and coconut flakes on top of the yoghurt.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the muesli and nut layer, then add another dollop of yoghurt on top (by now, you should be at the top of the jar or dessert glass).
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the yoghurt, top with a few more berries.
- Take the two strawberries that have been reserved for presentation, cut a slit in the side, and place on the lip of the jar or glass, and serve.
Serves: 2. Calories per serve: 383
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet plans that are safe if you are breastfeeding and you can use code LOYALTY for a 10% DISCOUNT at the checkout. Plus we have Cookbooks, Calorie Bibles, Exercise DVD’s, Meal Replacement Smoothies and Our 28 Day Plan in our shop.