Hi Healthy Mummy followers
A common theme that I see often see is that a lot of people see exercise as something we must to do in order to lose weight – and that a lot of people don’t want to do it
It is common for people to start a weight loss plan with the aim to do exercise then quickly decide it is too hard and exercise is quickly dropped
The issue with this is that most people are missing the point of the health benefits of exercise and the fact that doing exercise doesn’t mean you have to train in a gym or be a fitness fanatic or do anything extreme.
You just need to aim to do something (even 15 mins) and see exercise as a HEALTH BENEFIT and part of your health and longevity plan rather than just seeing it as a short term weight loss fix
I am stupidly busy all of the time but I make time every day to get my heart rate up with exercise.
Unfortunately as a very busy mum I don’t have the time to go to a gym every day – or any day in fact!
So instead I exercise in different ways!
I use the easy to follow 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges exercises – and I usually do these in the evening when my kids have finally gone to bed.
And then in the day time I try and get to a park and when I am there I do squats, bench step ups and generally try and be as active as possible to get my daily exercise in.
Do I get some funny looks? Yes! But I don’t mind – I am doing it for my health and it is the only time I have to fit it in and it is fun to do with my kids too – and often they join in!
So give it a go and try and make moving more part of your daily habits and you will feel the benefits and be doing something really positive for your health as well as aiding weight loss.
7 reasons you need to exercise
So as well as weight loss, there are lots of benefits of living a healthy lifestyle which have huge impacts on your health and longevity – and 7 of these benefits are:
- Your heart and lungs have been working hard delivering more nutrients and oxygen to your tissues resulting in a boost of energy to go about your daily life and most likely an improved mood.
- Using your body weight to perform resistance exercise has put your muscles under greater strain and they will now be starting to tone and strengthen.
- Depending on how your children sleep, your own personal sleep will have improved and you will be falling asleep faster and in to a deeper sleep.
- The additional oxygen being pumped to your brain has stimulated brain activity and made you feel more alert.
- Your muscles will now be requiring a lot more fuel to work efficiently given the greater workload put on them which means they will be burning excess FAT!
- As long as you’ve been stretching after every workout you should feel a lot more flexible allowing you to move in different directions more easily and without pain.
- You have reduced your risk of chronic disease such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Just think how much more you will achieve by doing some exercise – even if it is chasing your kids around a park!
And if you are looking for weight loss plan designed for busy mums, then join 1000’s of other mums on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge now.
You can also get our FREE exercise sampler here directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge