At 98 years young (yes, 98) Tao Porchon-Lynch is a living legend! Her approach (and secrets) to living life to the fullest should become Insta-memes PRONTO!
If you’ve ever thought yoga was just some stretchy exercise where you don’t even sweat, this incredible woman proves it’s truly a holistic – physical, emotional and mental – workout, with amazing benefits!
From Athleta Power of She campaign. People are fascinated that I can still do certain poses at 98. Why shouldn’t I? Remember there is no such thing as can’t. You can fruits and vegetables. The verb is to be able. #thisis98 #yoga #yogapower #eternalenergy #yogapose #athleta #powerofshe #womenempowerment #possibilities #potential #yogainspiration
#Inspo For Life
Based in New York, Tao was crowned the oldest living yoga teacher in 2012, by The Guinness Book of World Records.
In her 70+ years of teaching, she’s honed what works for a happy, healthy life with longevity.
Her day starts at 5:30am. By 8.30am she is ready to teach several classes at the studio.
Outside of the yoga world, she’s been snapped (and snapped) up by US brand Athleta (part of Gap), for their inspiring ‘Power of She’ campaign.
At 98, being physically fit enough to teach yoga classes and retreats, as well as hold her own in a photoshoot leaves us in awe! Incredible!
More from Athleta Power of She campaign with Terri. I like this pose. It invites you to use the inner energy body with the physical body and lifts you up. No matter what is happening in your day, look up and your spirit will be lifted. #powerofshe #athleta #yoga #thisis98 #inspiringwomen #inspiration #yogateacher #yogajourney #yogaforlife #iampowerliving #teresakayabakennedy #spiritual #womenpower #women
A post shared by Tao Porchon-Lynch (@taoporchonlynch) on
Tao Words Of wisdom
“If you do postures without the breathing you will never change anything,” Porchon-Lynch told The Huffington Post.
“When people are known to breathe properly they can survive and do anything. Nothing is impossible when you are in tune with your breath.”
Here are some of Tao’s words of wisdom to live by:
- People are fascinated that I can still do certain poses at 98. Why shouldn’t I? Remember there is no such thing as can’t.
- Anything is possible. Nothing is impossible. When you wake up every morning say, ‘this is going to be the best day of my life’, and it will be.
- It’s important for women to support each other. I had incredible mentors including Indra Devi who encouraged me to teach yoga, and Dr. Welthy Fisher who founded World Education. Find that person you can admire and look up to as a beacon of light.
- No matter what is happening in your day, look up and your spirit will be lifted.
- The joy of living is inside you. Live it. Believe it.
- Even if you don’t have family, you can create your own community of love.
- I turned 98 on August 13th and I STILL feel like I’m 22! Life truly is what you make it. Wake up every morning and KNOW that this IS the BEST day of your life!
Having fun with Terri at Athleta shoot. Go to their blog for Power of She campaign and our story. Highlights from our travels together are at thetaoexperience.com. #soulmates #spiritualfamily #powerofshe #athleta #thisis98 #grateful #yoga #yogaforlife #womenpower ##womenempowerment #iampowerliving #teresakayabakennedy
Absolutely incredible! Be sure to check out this incredible Yoga Family Takes Posing For Photos To A Whole New Level!
Are You Wanting To Take Charge Of Your Health And Fitness?
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is home to fat burning exercises (and incredible yoga moves) to help you shift the weight. Just check out our awesome video below!
To find out more OR to join the thousands of others mum taking charge of weight on the challenge, click here.