Chicken Parmigiana is traditionally a high fat, high calorie food.
This chicken parmigiana recipe is fabulous as it is lower in fat and one which you can enjoy on a healthy eating plan or weight loss diet. Perfect for these cooler evenings as well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- ¾ cup of wholemeal bread crumbs
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
- Dried Italian herbs
- Oil cooking spray
- 400g tomato passata
- 1/2 cup grated reduced fat mozzarella 25% less fat cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Lightly spray your chicken fillets on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and dried herbs together and place each chicken breast fillet in the mixture to cover in crumb. Press it into the chicken.
- Then place each breaded fillet into heated pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the cooked fillets into a lined baking tray.
- Spoon out the tomato passata onto the top of each fillet and lightly sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in a preheated 180 degree celcius oven and cook for around 5 minutes more until the cheese is melted. For more chicken recipes try this delicious five-spice chicken recipe!
Serve with a side salad.
The Chicken Parmigiana is 350 calories per serve.
Special Offer & 10% Discount
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe if you are breastfeeding and you can use code LOYALTY for a 10% DISCOUNT at the checkout