This warming tagine/casserole dish is perfect for this winter. Delicious, hearty and a healthier option then some of its friends on the recipe reel.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 ½ hours
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 grams of lean lamb backstrap
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups of salt reduced stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 cup of pitted dates chopped
- 2 × 400 g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs
- Fresh coriander to serve
- In a large oven proof casserole dish, add in the oil and brown the diced lamb. Take it out and then add in the onion and spices. Fry for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add in the stock and juice of the orange and bring it to the boil. Pop the lamb back in, cover and cook on a low simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and add in the dates and chickpeas and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with some eggs.
- For more Lamb recipes try our delicious leg of lamb recipe!
Each serve is 380 calories
Special Offer & 10% Discount
If you are ready to lose weight then The Healthy Mummy plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe if you are breastfeeding and you can use code LOYALTY for a 10% DISCOUNT at the checkout