Health

WARNING: Food contamination scare as mum finds screw in bread roll

After the strawberry crisis earlier this year and then another mum found a red back in their salad leaves we’re wondering what dangerous item will be found next in our food.

Well we don’t have to wait any longer as a Queensland mum has found a small screw in her bread roll. Skye-april Cullen took to Coles Facebook page to share her find and express her outrage at the supermarket brand.

Screw found in bread roll in coles
Source: Skye’s Facebook post

Queensland mum finds screw in bread roll from Coles

Mum Skye said she was mortified at the find as she could have just fed the roll to her baby which would have cause more harm than her biting into it. She said she bought the rolls from the Coles Smithfield storee in Cairns as she was going to have them as part of her dinner.

“I don’t know what is going to fix this … you’re lucky my daughter didn’t choke to death.” Skye says in her Facebook post.

“I am bloody disgusted and have cut my mouth open I brought a six-pack of your buns for my dinner last night, took about six bites, then felt my tooth crack and taste blood. I rushed to pull the contents out of my mouth.”

“Firstly I want to point out I have a baby who is just starting to eat who could have just as easily ate this last night.”

A Coles spokesperson responded by saying, “Coles takes the quality of all our products seriously and has contacted the customer to follow up their complaint,  as always we encourage customers to return any item they’re not 100% happy with to their nearest store for a full refund or replacement.”

Wow! What a shocking discovery we hope that no one else finds a nasty surprise in their food anytime soon.

jodiehumphries
written by:

Jodie Humphries

Jodie is a beach-loving dog mum from the Mid North Coast of NSW now based in the Northern Beaches. She loves nothing more than to empower women to live a happier healthier lifestyle.