Wow. wow. wow.
This clever mum certainly knows how to stretch the money in her wallet – and make 48 delicious and nutritious meals on a budget.
This mum made 48 meals for $80 – it works out at $1.66 per serving!
Mellissa Jennings, who is a member of our Healthy Mummy community, recently made a heap of Healthy Mummy recipes to last her 2 weeks. What’s more – it only took her two hours to prepare and cook.
How amazing is that?
But guess what. That’s not even the best bit. Her grocery shop only set her back $80 and she’s managed to make 48 meal servings. That works out at around $1.65 per serving.
What Mellissa made:
- 6x Chicken Laska – You can find this easy-to-make, warm and delicious recipe HERE.
- 6x Beef Stroganoff with Polenta – This recipe is accessible for members on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 8x Turkey and Cabbage Casserole – This casserole recipe is found on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. It’s ready to go in under 50 minutes and has less than 320 cals per serve.
- 8x serves of Winter Pasta Bake – For this delicious pasta baked FILLED with winter veggies join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 4x Mexican Lasagne – Certainly a Healthy Mummy community FAVE! You can get the recipe HERE.
- 4x Butter Chicken – Curries are great meals to prepare in the cooler months. You can get the recipe HERE.
- 12x Carrot and Zucchini slice – You can the recipe to this NUT FREE, high fibre treat HERE.
Mellissa says she even enlists the help of her twins when she’s in the kitchen.
“As a mum of two-year-old twins, a four-year-old, a teenager plus a wife to my husband that works away, as well as having a full time job, the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes have become part of my routine,” she says.
“I used to eat on the run and just grab something quick that was usually loaded with calories. I used to sometimes skip meals.
“Food prep has saved me time, and it keeps me more organised and healthy. In fact, I’m saving more money due to actually having a planned menu for the week.”
Mellissa lost 4.8kg on 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Mellissa says she joined The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge last year and has since lost 4.8kilos, gained MORE energy and is feeling a whole lot more organised.
“I feel I have more energy and more motivation. And I feel more positive with less stress because of being more organised,” she says.
“I also feel like I’m constantly learning to cook healthier meals.”
We are so glad you are feeling so awesome and energised.
Love these recipes? Get access to 3000+ meal creations on our Challenge!
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an affordable, breastfeeding-friendly and realistic program that helps mums tackle their diet and improve their overall health through weekly (and customisable) meal plans, at-home exercises and 24/7 social support.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.
*Images and references to kilograms lost are as supplied by the individual in the story. The Healthy Mummy assumes information and photographs supplied to be true in nature and is not responsible for any false misrepresentations or claims relating to their programs or products.