This chicken dish is juicy, tender and a beautiful warm meal to add to your healthy eating plan this week or next.
It is quick to make and the flavours are lovely and fresh.
Prep time: 5 minutes (plus marinating time of up to 4 hours)
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 500 grams of chicken breast
- 2 oranges for juice and rind
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbs of dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbs of slivered almond
- 1 tbs of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl squeeze the two oranges and grate the peel of one orange. Mix in the herbs, crushed garlic and salt and pepper.
- Slice up the chicken into the desired size and marinate in the juice. It is best to cover and leave it to marinate for a few hours but it depends how much time you have.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat a pan and add some oil. Cook the brown onion until soft. Add the chicken, juice and rind. Bring the juice to a boil then reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan, dry cook the slivered almonds.
- Once the chicken is ready, plate it up and sprinkle the slivered almonds on top. For more chicken recipes try this delicious five-spice chicken recipe!
Serve with rice and some steamed vegetables.
The chicken per serve is 230 calories