Prawns are a delicious way to get some omega 3 fatty acids and also some iodine.
People often think they are difficult to cook but if you get them pre-shelled or even frozen from the supermarket, they are a convenient and exciting alternative for a protein source.
This meal is quick, easy, delicious and a great addition to a family healthy eating menu plan.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 400 grams of cooked prawns
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 lemon for it zest and juice
- 1 handful of chopped parsley
- 2 spring onions
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Pasta for 4 people
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up the spring onions and lightly pan fry them with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add in the prawns and rethermalise them.
- Once the prawns are warm, add in the juice of the lemon and its zest and stir through the parsley and spinach to gently wilt it.
- Plate up the pasta and serve the prawns evenly amongst the plates. Top with parmesan cheese and some additional extra virgin olive oil.
420 calories per serve.