Hi everyone, it is Rhian here and I am the owner and founder of The Healthy Mummy product range – and here is me and my chunky monkey
I thought I would write a post share my top weight loss tips for women.
All the team absolutely LOVE helping mums regain their health and body confidence and the key point to note is that our motto at The Healthy Mummy is and always has been to only ever even think start to about losing weight until you feel 100% ready to do so – and if you are ready you can see how our 28 Day Challenge here
You can also see hundreds of results from mums who have followed my weight loss tips for women and used our plans and lost weight here
Here are my top tips for losing weight
- If you are a new mum then breastfeeding can help some mums to lose weight. It burns more calories and can help your tummy size reduce. But be warned, for every mum who has found that breastfeeding has helped weight loss there is another mum who saw themselves gain weight due to increased appetite
- Do not get sucked in by fad diets that promise to see you lose 5kg a week. These fad diets are unhealthy, cut out vital food groups that you need for energy and see you lose fluid and muscle which is why the weight comes back on very soon after losing it.
- Don’t put pressure on yourself. Being a mum is hard work – emotionally and physically and if you have put pressure on yourself to lose a lot of weight in a short space of time and you don’t lose what you want each week, it can really get you down and make you feel depressed. Instead, only think about losing weight when you feel physically and emotionally ready and strong and then aim for a healthy 500g – 1kg a week.
- See it is as a long term change to a healthy lifestyle. And even though you may want to lose a big chunk of weight in a few weeks, this is not sustainable and it will be hard to be on a restrictive diet when you have so much going on in your life and need energy. Instead, see it as a long term goal. And if you lose 500g a week over, 20 weeks that is 10kg – which is a big number and by doing it in a sensible and healthy way you won’t find it hard to lose either
- Try our Healthy Mummy Smoothies – they are the perfect solution to the busy mum’s breakfast and/or lunch and take 2 minutes to make whilst giving your body everything it needs from protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals and will keep you full and satisfied until snack time – plus are breastfeeding friendly. You can read more about the smoothies and what makes them different here.
- Start trying new foods and introducing healthy meals to your family – we have over 2,500 recipes in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge here
- Aim for easy and gentle exercise – such as a daily walk
- Try our exercises in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges
- Make our protein cookies and snacks so you have your own homemade protein bars – without all the gunky ingredients found in most protein bars. You can see yummy protein cookies and bar recipes here – which many mums have found have helped milk supply too
- If it is your tummy area you really want to focus on then join our 28 Day Challenge
- Always have pre-prepared and healthy and protein-based snacks in the fridge so you have metabolism-boosting and healthy snacks to eat so you don’t end up eating the wrong foods. You can see some of our favourite snacks here
- Cut out processed food and things like white bread, rice and pasta and have wholegrain and wholemeal versions instead which are high in fibre and vitamins
- Increase your fibre and lean protein – both key in keeping you full and fibre aids digestion and protein helps to build lean muscle
And just remember, there is no right time to lose weight – it is when you feel ready, and for some mums, this can be a few weeks/months post-baby and for others it is years. The most important thing is to do it in a healthy and sensible way.