Check out this delicious healthy eating recipe for spinach and ricotta mini pies. It’s so simple and so tasty – and great for little ones too! So everyone in the family can it enjoy it even if you’re taking part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 cup grated light cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 250g light ricotta
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chai seeds
- 2 tsp LSA
- 2 sheets reduced fat short crust pastry
- Pre heat oven to 200deg.
- Put zucchini, spinach, parsley and garlic in food processor or blender and whizz until finely chopped. Add ricotta and process until almost smooth.
- Put in another bowl and add cheeses and seeds/LSA and mix well.
- Spray a 12 hole muffin tray with olive oil spray.
- Cut your pastry sheets into 9 squares for each sheet.
- Line your muffin holes with one square each ( they won’t fill the entire muffin hole- that’s ok adds to the look)
- Fill your pies with the spinach mix.
- With your remaining pastry squares cut each square into 4 strips.
- Lay 2 strips over each pie as your pie top.
- Bake in oven for 40mins or until golden on top. Another Delicious Ricotta recipe!
Serve with salad or veggies
Thanks to Kat Brown for the spinach and ricotta pies recipe!